Android s4 came with lollipop instead of Kit Kat. Is the phone used?

justmat

Disciple
I bought the Deep Black S4 from Flipkart. EVerything was sealed. Only the phone's screen guard had some smudges and seemed almost like a fingerprint (I'm not sure if it's normal). Everything else seems intact. The device has Android 5.0.1 pre installed. But I checked everywhere and this version should come with Kit Kat and we have to update it to lollipop. Could this be a pre owned phone returned by the customer? Should I look for any possible defects? Is there any way I could know if the KNOX is tampered with and made void?

Sealed in plastic or the hologram/ samsung seal was intact? Whats the date of manufacture & shipping? will be on the label.

I bought the Deep Black S4 from Flipkart. EVerything was sealed. Only the phone's screen guard had some smudges and seemed almost like a fingerprint (I'm not sure if it's normal). Everything else seems intact. The device has Android 5.0.1 pre installed. But I checked everywhere and this version should come with Kit Kat and we have to update it to lollipop. Could this be a pre owned phone returned by the customer? Should I look for any possible defects? Is there any way I could know if the KNOX is tampered with and made void?

Date of mfgr: June 2015 (mine says mfgrd in India and not Vietnam unlike some reviews stated)
Seals were very much intact.

Yes. Now every mfg. has shifted to lollipop so even if the products page says kitkat its natural for you to get a lollipop.
Unless you are the lucky ones or only if the stock is of before april or so you will get kitkat.

Back