Android S5 and Z2 announced in MWC 2014

Recently Samsung and Sony announced S5 and Z2 respectively in Barcelona courtesy of MWC 2014.

Here are the announcement links:

S5 - http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_unveils_galaxy_s5_with_51inch_screen-news-7924.php
Z2 - http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_unveils_the_xperia_z2_with_4k_video_capture-news-7910.php

S5 was hugely a dissappointment considering the fact that it is a minimal upgrade over S4/Note 3 and brings nothing new to the table. They have introduced Heart Monitor which is a nice feature and water/dust proofing, but the rest seem to be the same. Even 2gb RAM is not acceptable considering 3gb RAM phones are becoming norm. As a die hard fan of Samsung, I have eagerly awaited for this year's flagship and was disappointed. With Snapdragon 800 already on market with so many choices at lower price, I am wondering how many people will jump on S5 bandwagon this year. Only moderate increase to 2.5 ghz will not be of a huge difference to go for S5 with the price tag it will come out.

Z2 was moderately decent compared to Z1 in some aspects. Coming out with 3gb RAM is a good choice on Sony to keep up with current market hardware trends. But disappointed with same camera and design. With S5 not being so good this year, Sony could have grabbed this opportunity to one up Samsung. But other than extra gig of RAM and updated Snapdragon 801 (Minimal difference compared to Snapdragon 800), there is nothing revolutionary or cool design to make it stand out of the crowd.

People will still buy the S5, it is all about the brand and awareness about it. Gionee and such phones might be good but for the general folks out there, they probably trust samsung more over a not so popular brand and will go ga ga over owning S5.

I'm happy, not at all tempted to upgrade from my Xperia Z :D
That's remarkable in its own way. I have a Z owning friend who thinks the same.

Same guy said you get bored after 6 months in April. 6 months are already up and he's not bored yet :D[DOUBLEPOST=1393344800][/DOUBLEPOST]
Only moderate increase to 2.5 ghz will not be of a huge difference to go for S5 with the price tag it will come out.

...there is nothing revolutionary or cool design to make it stand out of the crowd.
it means the rate of change is slowing, this means you get to hold onto your existing phone longer.

Wait for the HTC one offering, what will HTC have in store ?

Disappointed with S5, nothing to be excited about except perhaps the camera.
A fitness oriented phone whose heartbeat sensor only works if you don't move or speak. A fingerprint sensor that (according to previews) requires two handed operation due to the requirement for swiping your thumb straight down.

Back