CPU/Mobo Sabertooth Memory Problem !

Till now everything was fine. I has 3 * 2GB Stciks which were running in Triple Channel on my Asus X58 Sabertooth motherboard.
Suddenly today I saw that only 4 GB was detected out of 6 GB (Even in BIOS). So I checked for RAM problem by placing single RAM in one DIMM and all the 3 RAM's were detected properly. But only in Triple channel it's detecting only 4 GB out of 6GB. Also I found that out of 6 DIMMs (A1,A2,B1,B2,C1,C2) the culprit is B1 & B2. when ever i place RAM in B1 its not getting detected. So now running 6 GB in dual channel by placing 1 RAM in A1 , 1 RAM in A2 and 1 RAM in C1. So if anyone could think of any possible solutions please revert back.

Note : It was working fine till yesterday with RAM being in slot A1,B1&C1 in Triple Channel. In any case BIOS is detecting only 4 GB but CPU-Z is detecting all 6 GB's ( when in A1,B1 & C1)

Processor : Intel i7-950
Board : Asus Sabertooth X58
RAM : Kingston HyperX :

hi

try this

put memory in slots a2 b2 c2 and clear bios

enter bios and set memory to 1.65 or the required voltage for your ram given by the manufacturer

set qpi voltage to 1.3

save and reboot

hopefully ur ram should work now

had the same issue with the same board

cheers :)

Weird problem. As said above, try with a CMOS reset. Make sure the power terminal are disconnected.

Also remove all the DIMM modules, and blow hard (physically) on the slots and reseat the modules.

Let us know.

Tried Clearing the CMOS by removing the battery, By placing the jumper in PINS 2&3. Tried Re-seating the heat sink multiple times. The only go for me now is to try and put the RAM into slots into A2/B2 & C2. Will let you know once i do this now.

Thanks for all your replies. I have sorted out the problem and its now detecting all 6 Gigs. I did the following.

1. Removed my Venomous X heatsink.

2. Replaced back with the Intel HSF.

3. Booted up and saw that all 6 Gigs being detected in BIOS ( Sticks placed in B1 Included - Triple Channel).

4. Removed the Intel HSF and replaced it with Venomous X heatsink.

5. Again in BIOS it read all 6 Gigs.

So now problem is solved and i believe it should be because of the extra pressure mount available for Venomous X (Either the contact was not proper between the socket and the processor or too much pressure between them). During all this process I haven't removed the processor out of the socket.

Back