Safe Payments on steam

greenhorn

Patron
Hi all. I recently tried buying some games on steam, and all my credit cards got declined as I had blocked international usage on them.
This happened because a few days after i used one of my CC's to buy a game on steam, it got hacked and started to get fraud transactions and had to block it and get a new one.
I don't trust enabling payments without OTP authentication (ie international CC process)
Is there any other way to pay for steam games

You can get wallet codes for steam on amazon. Just make sure to not buy from scalpers.
I have bought from NODWIN GAMING without issue, i think they are official sellers.

Also, we have couple of people selling steam balance for 15% discount via steam items. It works well, i bought some without issue from here

There is one more thread from reputed guy.

I'll only suggest Gamers Gift: https://www.gamersgift.com/
Been using it forever and they are also the official distributors for Steam Gift Cards as per Valve: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/5BB2-E986-A733-CF0E

Code delivery is instant as once you complete your payment, they reveal the codes on the payment confirmation page. So, there is no wait time for emails.
Can vouch for Gamersgift bought a few Battle.net gift cards and Steam gift cards from them back in 2020

You can use the "Credit Card (Domestic)" option to pay with OTP

steam.png

as @AINDRASIS_GUPTA mentioned, that site looks good too. It also actually give you 500 for paying 500 as well.

Another option is Paytm too, I'm not joking. It's in there in the app, I suggested it to a friend to try it out and he was able to easily purchase and received the code instantly as well.

Hi all. I recently tried buying some games on steam, and all my credit cards got declined as I had blocked international usage on them.
This happened because a few days after i used one of my CC's to buy a game on steam, it got hacked and started to get fraud transactions and had to block it and get a new one.
I don't trust enabling payments without OTP authentication (ie international CC process)
Is there any other way to pay for steam games
If you specifically select the domestic card option, which is different from just the credit/debit card option(s) (iirc, you have to look further down in the list of options), you'll go through an Indian payment gateway with OTP.

If you specifically select the domestic card option, which is different from just the credit/debit card option(s) (iirc, you have to look further down in the list of options), you'll go through an Indian payment gateway with OTP.
^^^
you can also use net-banking and prepaid wallet might be Paytm

Is it the one supported by novaplay? Broken mess of a payment gateway. Site failed after I tried to topup with 1600 rupees and it only appeared in my account a day later.

^^^
you can also use net-banking and prepaid wallet
Yeah. I used to prefer using Netbanking to avoid giving out card details and it worked fine for years. Of late, after some repeated failures on Steam and Amazon (probably some backend issue), I now just use the card because it just works™.

I was surprised to find Paytm and UPI as options when checking out in the Ubisoft store, especially since they don't offer regional pricing there.

Is it the one supported by novaplay? Broken mess of a payment gateway. Site failed after I tried to topup with 1600 rupees and it only appeared in my account a day later.
Yeah. Unfortunate that they often seem to have some issue or the other coinciding with a major Steam sale, but recent reddit posts indicate that they seem to be running fine at the moment.

Agree with whoever mentioned gamersgift. I have used it many times in the past without any problems. Also, there are people on the marketplace offering to gift games or items (which you can sell in the marketplace for wallet balance) at a 10-15% discount.

update on this
Tried domestic card - payment failed
Tried Paytm, payment window would not even load
Tried amazon, 350 rs balance was selling for 500.. why would anyone even buy????
Tried gamersgift, things went smooth!

Back