Laptops Sager P670RE Burnt mosfet ? Any place where it can be fixed ? How to move the OS on SSD to new pc?

Was using laptop normally and suddenly it shutdown. I restarted , it booted and then shutdown and there was burnt smell emanating near the HDMI port region. Quickly took off the power cable. Opened it and thought there should be some fan issue , but it boots and went to windows login page and immediately shutoff. The heat pipe from CPU was very hot and took it off , only to see there was some burnt( looks like that) mosfet?

Attaching the picture.

Anyway to get it repaired ? It was my favourite laptop :( Worked pretty fine for almost 7 years (Jul 2016)

Also i have important data on SSD , is it possible to use the ssd+Os on new pc ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 17.57.27.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 17.57.27.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 97
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 17.27.51.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 17.27.51.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 85
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 17.28.28.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 17.28.28.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
The black one is buck converter IC or mosfet and the grey one is inductor, plus couple of resistors. All burnt. Seems pretty generic stuff.

Should be repairable.

You can get it serviced from GBS systems.
You can retrieve the data from the SSD using a external hard disk enclosure like the below

https://www.amazon.in/ORICO-2577U3-BK-Enclosure-Capacity-Business/dp/B07222HQKP/
thanks a lot. GBS is in coimbatore as well , will contact them tomorrow and lets see if they can able to do it..:)

Really thanks a lot..

Its nvme.. my bad..
The black one is buck converter IC or mosfet and the grey one is inductor, plus couple of resistors. All burnt. Seems pretty generic stuff.

Should be repairable.

Thanks a lot .. Thats pretty good news ..:eek:

Update :

GBS said its not possible since it has burnt all the way through.

I asked whether its serviceable anywhere , they said NO !!

I asked for atleast the capacitor number , they said its burnt beyond recovery of hte number.. :(

What to do next ?

Get same board from ebay or other places.
Its a clevo based board sir. Its been long time i ordered anything from ebay sir , fearing the customs.
Contact this guy.
He is based in Dharapuram.

https://www.instagram.com/tronics_technology/
Thanks a lot.. Will do.
Could be that they did the repair and it didn't work causing it to burn all the way. Since you have the before pictures, comparing them would reveal if any repair was done or not.
Sure , will do. Now out of station , will open and share the pics here.

offtopic : It was one of my favourite laptop and my first custom laptops and also the first and probably my last laptop from US.

Back