PC Peripherals Saiyan's Rig

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
Hi Guyz after a long discussions in TE forums. I have come up with following config which i am going to buy on Coming thursday(15/09/2005) :hap2: .

ok here is my config as of now with the price in chennai.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice core------7250

Asus A8N-E ----------6550

twinmos 2*512 -----------4900(dual channel)

160 Gb SATA HDD Samsung---------4300

Benq 1640 DVD writer --------3350

BIG 6600GT ----------8900

17" CRT flat Samsung ---------6700

Logitech Keyboard + Mouse ---------850

Altec lansing ATP3---------- 2850

Antec Super lanboy Cabinet -------4900

Antec smart power 2.0 450 ---------- 3250

Numeric digital 600 plus UPS ------ 2200

External TV Tuner Box------- 1200

FDD --------300

Headphone -------300

So this is it. Any comments.

goldenfrag said:
One warning.
Asus A8N, the Mobo fan stops after some time, keep a replacement ready.
Shhh ! Stop it man, he's just buying a new PC :p

@ Saiyan - Perfect config, nothing atleast I can suggest :D

Good prices as well...

Asus A8N, the Mobo fan stops after some time, keep a replacement ready.

That was the case with Asus A8n SLI, I dont think A8ne has those probs. In any case if the chipset fan aint working you can get the mobo replaced.

Get the ZB01. gives u mmuch more room inside the cabby compared to the lanboy..

Try to get the latest hitachi 160GB SATA2 drives..it'll give u much better performance

He's in Chennai, the ZB01 would not be available here SunnyBoi :p

Also would be advisable to go for the APC UPS instead of the Numeric. Cost should be just about 200~300 bucks more.

Rest all seems fine :)

super lanboy is a horribly cramped case.. would really suggest something else especially if you're the kind of person who keeps adding/reoving components

bottle said:
super lanboy is a horribly cramped case.. would really suggest something else especially if you're the kind of person who keeps adding/reoving components

Every time the Super Lanboy is mentioned there has always been a comment that it is small and cramped - I looked at it in Mumbai and my impression was that it should be OK. Here is a picture of the S.L. case..... as far as I can see there should not be a problem with installing and removing hardware - the Mother Board area seems to be clear of the cables from the hard disks as they are placed sideways which keeps the cables out of the way. This orientation of the hard disks also makes for easy insertion and removal. The only problem if at all could be the lowest 5.25 drive which seems to cove a bit of the MoBo. Does this case accept the regular size Mother Boards ?

What I like about this case most is that it is made of aluminium and it accepts 2 x 120mm fans.

SuperLanboy_inside.jpg

i dunno , i find the wavemaster cramped sometimes and that thing is a lot smaller than that :p

yeah this case accepts atx boards and the board comes right to the edge of the drive cages.. will be cramped if the mobo has all the connections alongside the edge

maybe matx will be easier to handle
edit : i guess if you have some patience it wont be too big an issue, googled and found this

I wont be adding or remowing H/W at all, once all settled they wont be going out. I am going to have only 1 HDD and A DVD wirter and FDD. SO i think it will not be cramped. I wasn't able to find any other cabinet which has a good look like S.Lanboy with side window and good fans, so i opted for this.

Gr8 pics Switch. Nice find at the right time. Oh... How I hate myself. When I got my rig in May, I wanted the SuperLanboy and had fixed that as my cabbie only to learn on the day of purchase that it would not be available for another 20 days. And I got the LanBoy - Absolute idiocacy !!!! Man, am I pissed off now....:mad: :mad:

Switch said:
Here is one for who say its cramped...

Thats what I thought it would look like. Looks clean in the 2 pics and does not look much different then my P160 around the mother board - the only difference seems to be an extra 5.25" drive bay in the P160 - very few people have more than 2 Optical drives anyway so I dont think this extra drive bay would matter.

The only thing i miss in the case is holes on the mobo tray... They help a lot in routing wires...

Edit: My only problem with the Super Lanboy is the Front Fan... If i had one i will not put a LED one there... Its too distracting...

Switch said:
The only thing i miss in the case is holes on the mobo tray... They help a lot in routing wires...

Edit: My only problem with the Super Lanboy is the Front Fan... If i had one i will not put a LED one there... Its too distracting...

I had a look at the 3700BQE 1080AMG P160 and none of them had holes on mobo tray. I suppose you have to make your own holes :)

I have not seen the S.L. in use so I dont have an idea about the brightness of the LEDs in the front fan - is it really bright ? It is difficult to get an accurate idea from pictures as they can be misleading depending on the exposure given to the picture. The 3 Blue LEDs in the front panel of my P160 are quite dim - in daylight you can hardly see the light from these LEDs. I had damaged the original Blue LEDs and Antec sent me free replacements and the brightness has been the same.

Well easy lets not go OT now as its saiyan' thread...

I will try to post some more pics of the case as me too havent seen the case in person... BTW i just love the Aluminium... Does the case come with two 120 MM LED fans though...

Switch said:
Well easy lets not go OT now as its saiyan' thread...

I will try to post some more pics of the case as me too havent seen the case in person... BTW i just love the Aluminium... Does the case come with two 120 MM LED fans though...

Seriously - I dont think we are OT as we are giving him info on the Super Lanboy which is what he has on his list of purchases.

Here is a page from Antec India taken a few months back - so price not accurate - it mentions 2 fans plain jane at back and true blue in front.

:) Thanks guyz giving me info and encouraging me on buying Super Lanboy. So as for others i'll try to go for APC UPS if possible. I'll post the picture of my Rig as soon as i get my computer :cool2: . (Hope my friends gives his dgital Camera :D )

Back