Sales'Boy'

Sales'boy'

A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to a big department store looking for a job.

The manager says, “Do you have any sales experience?â€

The kid says, “Yeah, I was a salesman back home in Texas.â€

Well, the boss liked the kid so he gave him the job. “You start tomorrow. I’ll come down after we close and see how you did.â€

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down. “How many sales did you make today?â€

The kid says, “One.â€

The boss says, “Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?â€

The kid says, “$101,237.64.â€

The boss says, “$101,237.64? What the hell did you sell?â€

Kid says, “First I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fish hook. Then I sold him a larger fish hook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the coast, so I told him he was gonna need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him that twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn’t think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4X4 Blazer."

The boss said, “A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and truck?â€

Kid says, “No, he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his wife and I said, ’Well, your weekend’s shot, you might as well go fishing.’

Back