Monitors Samsung 2033SW Monitor , GTX 260 , DVI connection help !

karthikus

Disciple
Hi guyz i am totally noob in this arena DVI,VGA etc .s But currently i am using DVI to VGA convertor tht came with my graphics card. BUt my friend said if i use DVI cable there ll be a noticeable boost in the viewing experience. So which cable should i get? Thanks fr the help !

If possible can anyone direct me to ebay link. Tht wud be of real help !

Yes there will be a signal loss,but generally noticeable at higher resolutions.A DVi-DVi is a far better option.As DVI sends Digital signals which is far crispier than an Analog signal sent by the VGA.A DVI to HDMI also wouldn't hurt.

Ur monitor as well as ur gpu have DVI outputs

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW: 20″ Wide LCD Monitor

So I think u should go for this type of DVI-d Male to Male cable

eBay India: 24+1 DVI-D Male to Male 1.5m 5 Feet Video Cable (item 160579605165 end time 27-May-2011 21:31:57 IST)

BTW u can get this cable easily at any computer shop locally.Will save u the waiting period for Ebay shipping

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ur monitor as well as ur gpu have DVI outputs
Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW: 20″ Wide LCD Monitor
So I think u should go for this type of DVI-d Male to Male cable
eBay India: 24+1 DVI-D Male to Male 1.5m 5 Feet Video Cable (item 160579605165 end time 27-May-2011 21:31:57 IST)
BTW u can get this cable easily at any computer shop locally.Will save u the waiting period for Ebay shipping:hap2:

Do not opt for cheap cables,they will be worst than your DVI-VGA.GO to your local store and ask for quality cables.Try going to a HP store near you and ask for HP DVI-DVI cable,it will be around Rs.1500/-.

Ameet148 said:
Do not opt for cheap cables,they will be worst than your DVI-VGA.GO to your local store and ask for quality cables.Try going to a HP store near you and ask for HP DVI-DVI cable,it will be around Rs.1500/-.
For digital signals, the quality of the image doesnt depend on the cable quality.

Either you get an image or you dont

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

karthikus said:
Hi guyz i am totally noob in this arena DVI,VGA etc .s But currently i am using DVI to VGA convertor tht came with my graphics card. BUt my friend said if i use DVI cable there ll be a noticeable boost in the viewing experience. So which cable should i get? Thanks fr the help !

If possible can anyone direct me to ebay link. Tht wud be of real help !
Its unlikely that you would notice any improvement, unless your VGA cable is damaged.

But if you want to, go for the cable suggested by Marcus.

Back