Monitors Samsung announces New "SyncMaster PX2370" LED monitor

Icon_211

Disciple
Kind of looks like the XL2370's "squarer" cousin.
(Credit: Samsung)

LAS VEGAS--Anyone who has paid any attention to my recent monitor reviews knows I have a certain affinity for the Samsung SyncMaster XL2370.

So you can probably imagine my delight when on Wednesday Samsung announced what seems to be a followup to the XL2370, the PX2370.

At first glance the PX2370 looks similar to the XL2370, albeit with what may be a thicker profile. I'll be able to confirm this on Thursday when I get a good up-close-and-personal look at it from the show floor.

One of the most unique features is the proximity sensor, which automatically turns the monitor off when no one is near it. Kind of creepy, but cool.

Some of the other key specs of the PX2370.

* 18mm design
* 5,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio (Static Contrast Ratio 1000:1)
* 2ms (GTG) video response time
* Analog RGB/DVI/HDMI inputs
* 1,920x1,080-pixel resolution

The PX2370 will be available in April from Samsung resellers at a price of $369.

Wow already their "Syncmaster XL2370 LED" got an amazing review all over the sites, this one going to be a killer product with even more dashing style:D

the sad thing is there is no trace of their old LED monitor in India AFAIK:S
so obviously new one never gonna release soon in India:no:

love that monitor's sharp design specs also excellent except TN panel cheers:D

she looks amazing:D Source below::D
PX2370-01_540x385.JPG

Samsung announces PX2370 LED monitor | CES 2010 - CNET

AAh indian link please half the product doesnt come or are horribly expensively priced

Anyways its still highly priced....according to lcd.....17.5k+ in US rates indian will surely b ard 18.5k minimum

MAGNeT said:
AAh indian link please half the product doesnt come or are horribly expensively priced

Anyways its still highly priced....according to lcd.....17.5k+ in US rates indian will surely b ard 18.5k minimum

yah, old one XL2370 was also a killer product but not sure about its existence in India anywhere:D

too bad samsung:mad: y not marketing their LED monitors in India:S

lets hope:D

Are Samsung gonna launch the LEDs in India, still no sign, India the dumping ground for Samsung, It wants to dump all its old lcds here so seems the dont wanna launch new leds here....

i got this monitor 2 days back .it is a beauty .the price i got for was 15100 . i had to search a lot as this monitor was not available in delhi and even mumbai .by luck i got it from jalandhar. somebody is selling it at ebay but at a higher price of near about 16500.but i think it should be available in delhi .get the dealers address from samsung site and ring them up

ANything specific about the panel or something?

WHy is it price still high ?

Also do you get hdmi and other cables with it?

you get a dvi cable and a vga to dvi cable . no hdmi cable . about the price the samsung site says 15300 i guess all led panels are in the same range .the lcd ones are cheaper. its a 2ms gtg monitor with good contrast

The one thing i hate about these companies is the misnomer 'LED tv', when its simply an LCD with LED backlighting :p...

Large difference in picture quality will only come from an IPS panel.

Is this an IPS?

v.Na5h said:
^^ coz it has won a lot of awards

^ acer s231hl 23" LED is @ 10.2k only

i have also seen the acer. you cant compare the quality of both .the looks are much better so is the picture of samsung .the acer has a bluish tinge to the image.

this is not an ips it is a tn panel and it is not led tv just led monitor. ips panels have a longer response time dell u2311 was also in my budget but it had a 5 ms lag

i mistakenly wrote tv, same applies here to an LED monitor... its just a misnomer. ;)

i'm not saying you made the wrong decision... one needs to judge by his own needs. :)

Back