Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
Had a strange issue today.While taking on phone,phone ran out of juice so I removed the sim card and used it in another phone.Then when I started Galaxy S again with the same sim.It started asking for unlock code.Did the hex thing again and phone is unlocked again.

Is the hex method temporary :(
yes if you dont set file permissions properly

Guys i got my Captivate and Vibrant on Tuesday, was unable to update as i was a bit busy. Im loving both phones so far. Personally i love the looks of the Captivate but the Vibrant isnt too bad either. Have not unlocked yet, was just playing games and stuff all day :p (and enjoying the gorgeous SAMOLED screen! :D). The video player is awesome, plays 720p mkv's with no issues! Will load up some custom ROM's this weekend.

Have one issue with the Vibrant deal though (nothing wrong with the phone). In the listing the seller had listed 16 GB SD card and two colour back covers. It came with only the purple back cover and no 16 GB card. When i contacted the seller, she said oh its built in to the phone. And that she mistakenly listed it as two back covers. So the seller has mistakenly listed the built in memory as a "16 GB SD CARD" and did not include the extra back cover (which IMO looks much better). So not too happy about that. I've replied to her message saying as such and that they were worth a fair amount. Lets see what she replies with. What do you guys suggest i do? :(

buddingwhizkid said:
demand 30$ cash back , or -ve threaten with -ve feedback !
Yea thought of doing that, waiting for her reply first. I think $25-$30 is a fair value for a 16 GB card and a back cover right?

one of the vibrants i bought was listed with 8GB microSD and seller sent 2GB..

he admitted it as a mistake since 8GB is what comes generally with HTC phones.

let it go since he has 100% feedback for more than 70deals afaik.

he did offer $11 refund but i let him choose whether to do so or not..he didnt.

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
Had given 755 should I make it 555 so file does not get overwritten???
use the batchfile by helroz, that does everything properly and safely. even i tried by hex didnt work out correctly, the batch file worked just perfect.

trigger said:
Hey even I ordered Captivate and Vibrant.. what price did you pay for these and how old are these?

Paid $295 for the Captivate, it was almost brand new. And paid $270 for the Vibrant (with extra accesories). It was a few months old but condition was mint
SoulFire said:
use the batchfile by helroz, that does everything properly and safely. even i tried by hex didnt work out correctly, the batch file worked just perfect.
Can you post a link please? I'll search XDA as well but would save me time if you could. Thanks :)

buddingwhizkid said:
Nothing below 30 $ man ! demand 40 so that you can settle on 30 !

Lets see, i think even $25 is a fair price. Im not looking for too much. Have asked for $30 as of now.

hunt3r said:
Paid $295 for the Captivate, it was almost brand new. And paid $270 for the Vibrant (with extra accesories). It was a few months old but condition was mint
Great, even I got these for more or less same price - Cap: 290 and Vib: 280 - both 1 week old..

Is there any screen difference between captivate and vibrant , I just compared captivate screen with the wave and felt wave screen is far superior ???? post your opinions guys [thinking of buying vibrant]

Back