Samsung Corby Pro(B5310) OR Samsung S5620 Monte

saROMan

Disciple
Hi all, i am looking for a decent phone with budget approx 10k, As Samsung GALAXY Spica is still out of my budget so after some R&D have decided on the following models to choose Samsung Corby Pro(B5310) OR Samsung S5620 Monte . Have considered the following while choosing

1: Touchscreen
2: Internal/Expandeble Memory
3: 3G availability (for future reference)
4: Camara (Secondary Choice)

Corby has a QWERTY keyboard so +1 also has HSDPA 7.2 Mbps so +2 but has 150MB memory so -1
Monte has TouchWiz UI 2.0 Plus so +1 but has HSDPA 3.6 Mbps so -1 also has 200MB memory so +2:bleh:

Also Nokia 5800 XpressMusic has similler features but not much of Nokia Fan so have not considered it :hap5:

please help me to decide, also any suggesions/models are welcomed

die hard nokia fans ^^ just try samsung and you will love it. its all about looks and decency which comes packed in a samsung.

and OP considers 150 MB vs 200MB a big thing, no idea why, arent u gonna add a memory card? the phone memory is meaningless if u gonna add a expansion card.

saROMan said:
....am looking for a decent phone with budget approx 10k, As Samsung GALAXY Spica is still out of my budget

and sooo not available right now :bleh: Ask me how much of a hassle I had to find me one.

saROMan said:
3G availability (for future reference)Corby has a QWERTY keyboard so +1 also has HSDPA 7.2 Mbps so +2 but has 150MB memory so -1 Monte has TouchWiz UI 2.0 Plus so +1 but has HSDPA 3.6 Mbps so -1 also has 200MB memory so +2:bleh:

Believe me dude India is still a long way from getting affordable 3G working. Tho the spectrum's are sold but its gonna take quite some time till it actually starts working. So my guess is till that time you will not be using the phone you are buying now. If you want to be much on the internet buy a phone that also has WiFi and a decent touchscreen and ur well off.. :)

^ the i5500 would probably cost more than 11k, cos it's supposed to come for 200 euros, so it really doesn't compare to the monte, which costs about 8k.
If you can't increase your budget get the monte, otherwise wait, or up your budget a bit, and get a true smart phone.
If you don't upgrade your phone too often, upping your budget, or waiting would be sensible.

Back