Samsung EH5000 no signal issue

Hello Guys,

Few days ago i brought a Samsung 32EH5000 LED tv via ebay (grey) and today encountered a wired issue.

The TV is showing "No or Weak Signal" and saying to check Aerial cable connection and Saved Channel List since morning.
Also, everything has turned quite unresponsive. Action takes place very late after pressing button and some button on remote dont seems to be working too, thus restricting to change settings.

Checked the cable connection via plugging it to another TV and it is working fine. Thus something wrong appears to be in TV

Appears to be no issue with display as Media via usb is playing (but it got very laggy to switch on usb from cable)

Since this is a grey product, I am quite worried. :( Please Help..

PS: Using normal cable connection

I am planning to purchase grey this saturday....this thread has me pressing the panic button...Contact the dealer..i guess dealer warranty takes care of it..

Try doing a factory reset
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/s...ide_seq=6790&prd_ia_cd=N0000058&map_seq=44746

Update firmware
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/model/UA32EH5000RLXL-downloads

Then see if the playback works with cable, usb, hdmi whichever is available to you.

I use a 40EH5000. Normal cable connection works fine except that with a few channels sound gets wobbly.

If still problems?

Most dealers do give 1 year dealer warranty. check with the dealer

- - - Updated - - -

I am planning to purchase grey this saturday....this thread has me pressing the panic button...Contact the dealer..i guess dealer warranty takes care of it..
I bought my 40EH5000 from ebay(grey market) it has been 3 months and TV works just fine. When buying on grey market, try to find a local dealer, it is always the best. If buying online, go for the online dealer closer to your location so that it will be easy to deal if things go square.

Could you please PM me the seller link? I was thinking of getting a 32EH6030 off ebay too. This has me worried a little.

Could you please PM me the seller link? I was thinking of getting a 32EH6030 off ebay too. This has me worried a little.

http://myworld.ebay.in/grdstore/

Item packing was something to be appreciated. The actual TV box was packed by the seller in a wooden crate. It was professionally done. I think that is how my TV reached safe even though i used to a cheap transport service to send to my brother.

But when i bought from this store, it was not the best deal available that time. Another seller on ebay had the same TV for 1000 less but his ebay feedback was not that good. Anyway i was happy with the purchase and i still am :yes:

http://myworld.ebay.in/grdstore/

Item packing was something to be appreciated. The actual TV box was packed by the seller in a wooden crate. It was professionally done. I think that is how my TV reached safe even though i used to a cheap transport service to send to my brother.

But when i bought from this store, it was not the best deal available that time. Another seller on ebay had the same TV for 1000 less but his ebay feedback was not that good. Anyway i was happy with the purchase and i still am :yes:

@maheeinfy I needed some inputs about 40EH5000. first of all how is the picture quality? is the sharpness OK? is there any visible ghosting (high response time) while watching?

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture quality is superbb..after tweaking as per below
Amazon.com: Gordon "PS360 G4m3r!"'s review of Samsung UN32EH5000 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED ...

I watched Dark Knight Rises IMAX print. It has quite a few action scenes and watching them was a bliss. Picture quality is really top quality.(You will know this when you see other brand like Onida tv side by side in the show rooms.) There was no ghosting/laggy frames. Didnt do any gaming so i cant comment on gaming performance. My only complaint about this TV is that with some of the TV channels(probably with low quality transmission), sound gets cronky/wobbly with the inbuilt speakers.

During my purchase, i was confused between Sony 40EX430 and Samsung UA 40EH5000. In show room, when i checked i felt picture was good in Sony. It appeared more natural than Samsung. But you can always tweak the settings, to adjust picture to your liking

I chose samsung because it was cheap and reviews were good. Some reviews say that Samsung model, since it is thicker than sony, speaker also is big and hence louder output which is true.

You just need to get a SPVA or AMVA panel on the TV, in the sammy lottery scheme and u shud be good.

Try doing a factory reset
Operation: How To Perform A Factory Reset On A 2012 Model LED (UN**E) my samsung

Update firmware
UA32EH5000R -

Then see if the playback works with cable, usb, hdmi whichever is available to you.

I use a 40EH5000. Normal cable connection works fine except that with a few channels sound gets wobbly.

If still problems?

Most dealers do give 1 year dealer warranty. check with the dealer

I bought my 40EH5000 from ebay(grey market) it has been 3 months and TV works just fine. When buying on grey market, try to find a local dealer, it is always the best. If buying online, go for the online dealer closer to your location so that it will be easy to deal if things go square.

Tried factory reset quite a few times. Not helping. After recent when I opt for plug and play option and channel scan starts, tv automatically switches off when scan in at 4%
Also, unable to use firmware update option as it is saying tv already have the same latest firmware

if its in warranty period just return it back to vendor and ask for the related problem with it

Yeah, there is a dealer warranty.. but query is, do they really offer warranty or it is just for name and in the end they refuse??

Have probably screwed myself by now..

I thought flashing firmware should solve the issue and was looking for some older firmware (mine had latest). Found older version firmware in samsung US website.
Firmware got successfully flashed and tv restarted. However, after that it is showing message

Mainboard has chaged, please enter into service mode and enter these values
Type local set font color

The tv switches on automatically, shows this message and then get restarted. this goes on in loop
Not able to go to service mode by info-menu-mode-on button pattern. And the basic issue is tv not going to standby to allow service mode..

Any help guys?

^ you should have taken it to nearest samsung service center instead of experimenting with unknown firmware. tv's sold in US markets are usually different from those sold in European or Asian markets and will have different firmware. Your only choice now is to get it repaired from samsung's service center for a price.

Back