Samsung employee shows Youtube Vanced on this employee's phone when demonstrating the new Samsung Watch

Nope, it's not illegal otherwise Google would have cracked down on it by now. I think it violates Play Store and iOS' ToS hence you have to sideload it.

iOS unfortunately does not have vanced but there are alternates which we can sideload but on android, it is just simpler to sideload stuff and hence I have put on my Fire HD 10 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 and smart tube next on fire stick.
Once you start using these things, you cannot go back. The satisfaction of not listening the self promotion and skipping of sponsor segments is awesome.

Vanced is almost perfect except that it does not allow downloads/offline use. Newpipe allows that but again when compared with the functionality Vanced provides, its still not up there. It does support Soundcloud and Bandcamp as additional services.

Vanced is almost perfect except that it does not allow downloads/offline use. Newpipe allows that but again when compared with the functionality Vanced provides, its still not up there. It does support Soundcloud and Bandcamp as additional services.
Vanced does allow download for offline use, just like normal Youtube app. If you mean something like what IDM does, then that is different.

I use premium and vanced both. Love vanced for all the features it offers. But YouTube will die if everyone use vanced for ad blocking and I don't think anyone would be interested in paying 500 for monthly videos from one channel so do buy YouTube premium if you can.
A few questions,
Is there a way to block particular channels? I am sick of most Indian health and fitness channels. The BS on YouTube India is worse than ads and sponsorship messages.
Is there any way to allow sponsor message from some channels because some creators do have good sponsors and I don't want to miss it.

Vanced does allow download for offline use, just like normal Youtube app. If you mean something like what IDM does, then that is different.
No I actually meant like normal Youtube. Does it allow downloads without adding an account or do we need to add one ? I am subscribed anyways but for the time I was using Vanced, I could not. Their FAQ is ambiguous.

I also love Vanced. Is it illegal to use?

It is the same as your Music Creator Community - No income for YT Creator, Whatever the video is to put on the Air each one needs some time, effort and money which is zero income for when used through YT Vanced…..Big media house + Big YT’er with patron never suffer but the small individual efforts are the most affected.

If it not too much to ask get Premium Sub - Bhagban apka bhala karen.

Last edited:
A few questions,
Is there a way to block particular channels? I am sick of most Indian health and fitness channels. The BS on YouTube India is worse than ads and sponsorship messages.
Is there any way to allow sponsor message from some channels because some creators do have good sponsors and I don't want to miss it.
+1. I always watch ads of the channels which I like to support the creators. YouTube India's ads are cancer and honestly disgusting.

No I actually meant like normal Youtube. Does it allow downloads without adding an account or do we need to add one ? I am subscribed anyways but for the time I was using Vanced, I could not. Their FAQ is ambiguous.
I have never used Vanced without adding my account, so don't know, but the Download option has always been there for me.

Yes since Vanced does not play nice with remote, for tv devices option is smart tube next.
Smart tube Next is good but it forces you to update the app. If you don't do it, the app doesn't work properly (at least this has been the case for me)

iOS unfortunately does not have vanced but there are alternates which we can sideload but on android, it is just simpler to sideload stuff and hence I have put on my Fire HD 10 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 and smart tube next on fire stick.
Once you start using these things, you cannot go back. The satisfaction of not listening the self promotion and skipping of sponsor segments is awesome.
Reasons why I’m shifting back to Android. I need some space to experiment

Smart tube Next is good but it forces you to update the app. If you don't do it, the app doesn't work properly (at least this has been the case for me)
Same is the case with everyone, the app doesn't work properly. I like to stick to the version that is stable and has least bugs but Smart Tube Next doesn't allows that unlike Vanced.
Since past few updates I'm not able to force codecs. The videos do not play. Used to work flawlessly on previous versions.

Same is the case with everyone, the app doesn't work properly. I like to stick to the version that is stable and has least bugs but Smart Tube Next doesn't allows that unlike Vanced.
Since past few updates I'm not able to force codecs. The videos do not play. Used to work flawlessly on previous versions.

I am disappointed if smarttube forces us to update always since I know before it would actually have the update popup but it would say that if current version is working, dont update it.

Back