Samsung Galaxy Grand

prabs

Skilled
I am planning to get the phone this Sunday.

Apart from the screen is there any other drawback in getting it?

Also, does this phone support OTG (I forgot to ask this to the attendant at store and I can't find much info on it on online)?

I helped him installing Subway Surfer and Wipeout on his Samsung Grand and while playing those games it was lagging like hell. I have played the Subway Surfer and Wipeout on my frnd's Canvas 2 and it was working without any lag.

Also while scrolling pages on Grand it was sluggish.

I helped him installing Subway Surfer and Wipeout on his Samsung Grand and while playing those games it was lagging like hell. I have played the Subway Surfer and Wipeout on my frnd's Canvas 2 and it was working without any lag.

Also while scrolling pages on Grand it was sluggish.

Been playing Subway Surfer since Sunday without lags. Just installed and tried Wipeout Dash 2 - No Lags eventhough Opera Mini and Play Store apps were running in the background.

While browsing pages I have not faced any lags. If you are talking about pdf pages - sorry none there either. I have tried a 150 mb cbr file on Perfect Viewer - no lags there either.

I don't think there is any dual SIM phone that has 3G+3G config in the indian market right now. Almost all of them are 3G SIM 1 and Edge(2G) in SIM 2.

Not sure mate if you're saying about parallel 3G+3G in both SIMs. But in my galaxy Y duos, I can use 3G in both SIMs, of course not parallely as you can use data of one only SIM at a time. But you can use 3G in both, no need to switch SIMs.

EDIT: It seems I misunderstood you. Whatever I said, was just about data, not network. And regarding later, you're correct.

Not sure mate if you're saying about parallel 3G+3G in both SIMs. But in my galaxy Y duos, I can use 3G in both SIMs, of course not parallely as you can use data of one only SIM at a time. But you can use 3G in both, no need to switch SIMs.

EDIT: It seems I misunderstood you. Whatever I said, was just about data, not network. And regarding later, you're correct.

Just checked. My bad. Y duos does support HSDPA 2100 in both SIMs. Have been seeing all these rebranded phones with Mediatek processors which were just 3G+2G. Didnt think the Y duos would support it.

Edit: Many other phones like the S Duos, Tipo Dual, Xperia E supports 3G on both SIM. But the Grand doesnt seem too. Odd considering the price point. May be broadcom doesnt have solutions that supports Dual SIM 3G.

Do you feel GSM Arena is in error and they would make silly mistakes such as this ?

Is there a way dislikes can be given for such useless and meaningless posts ?

this question clears the doubt for many . review sites are generally not very detailed on dual sim features and exclusive handset features like call blocking . in the past also there have been threads which have cleared questions like this

Back