meet6600

Adept
Hi,

Have to suggest my best friend a good android under 20k for following usage:
-Frequent Usage of Calls, Text and Whatsapp
-Camera and Music Quality has to be good, no compromise here
-Occasional Video Watching, Mail Check, Facebook, Gaming and Web Browsing
-Latest Android will be a huge advantage
-Battery Backup should be good atleast 1 day!

1. Budget?
A: Under 20k

2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Indian Brands

5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required Good Cam with Flash

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi

9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calls, Text, Whatsapp, Music,Camera, mails and internet.

10. Any other requirements?
A: Battery Backup and Multimedia Top Notch!

11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Samsung Galaxy S Advance or Sony Xperia L, No Windows Phone as he checked out Nokia Lumia 620 and in current form like in Apps, Games etc is not up to the mark! LG L9 is too Big for him and Ideal size for him 4 or 4.3" Screen.

Please suggest something and he can wait for some time if something really good is forthcoming. Phone once bought would be kept long so please help!
A side note: Have checked a lot of reviews of S Advance and it seems simply fits! JB update makes it better and all earlier reviews point at one good smartphone. But Xperia L seems good on paper and has better specs, however, Camera is same as SP and it's disappointing as per a lot of sites! Plus Sony history of Buggy FW and Slow updates make me wonder whether it's worth the premium over Advance! One is tried and tested while other is New and untested!

Dude go for the Xperia L for the following : Good chipset and processor ram combo, graphics is also good, BE2 will never disappoint you in pictures and movies on your phone, and last but not the least camera will be way better than galaxy s advance. Also since audio is your concern, if you pair up your sony xperia smartphone with half a decent pair of earphones/headphones you will get pretty amazing sound. I mean bass is deep and tight and the mids and treble are just right!!
The S advance is also good, but i dont think it will see the likes of the next android os. Also the S advance feels plasticky!!! Also the 1750mAh battery on the Xperia L will last you a day with whatsapp, texts and calls and the occasional gaming and music!!! So +1 to getting an xperia L!!!

Cheers mate and let us know what your friend finally bought! :)

Xperia L anyday!
Bro Are you sure about Sony as My personal Experience with Xperia Sola was really Bad! The Battery Backup was very scary but the thing that really made me upset was Buggy Software. Also have a Samsung Tab 2 and till date Samsung Updates have been free of bugs and have added value to the Tab. Sony and their Update Schedule is also something that makes me think twice for paying a premium of 5k over S Advance. SP and L share the same camera, so Camera Reviews are not Good for L while S Advance had better Reviews on GB Firmware!

No Proper information on L is the reason I am not too sure about Sony! Some Handsets have been really good but plagued down by Software issues which for some time do affect User Experience. I am a power user but my friend has no clue about Software Update and Android Version.

Bro Are you sure about Sony as My personal Experience with Xperia Sola was really Bad! The Battery Backup was very scary but the thing that really made me upset was Buggy Software. Also have a Samsung Tab 2 and till date Samsung Updates have been free of bugs and have added value to the Tab. Sony and their Update Schedule is also something that makes me think twice for paying a premium of 5k over S Advance. SP and L share the same camera, so Camera Reviews are not Good for L while S Advance had better Reviews on GB Firmware!

No Proper information on L is the reason I am not too sure about Sony! Some Handsets have been really good but plagued down by Software issues which for some time do affect User Experience. I am a power user but my friend has no clue about Software Update and Android Version.

Those were Ericsson co-branded phones. The 2013 generation is refined and TONs better. Relax and buy it eyes closed!

Back