Samsung Galaxy S vs Galaxy S Plus vs Motorola Defy + vs Galaxy SL vs SE Xperia Ray

nitmeh3

Disciple
Samsung Galaxy S vs Galaxy S Plus vs Motorola Defy + vs Galaxy SL vs SE Xperia Ray vs LG optimus black

Which one should i go for ?

UPDATE : Narrowed down to Photon and G2X. Can someone get me a good deal for photon ? Pm me if you can please.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S vs Galaxy S Plus vs Motorola Defy + vs Galaxy SL vs SE Xperia Ra

Samsung Galaxy S i9000. It has the best single core SOC in a smart phone. Has a good screen too and plenty of internal storage (16GB)

-ve -> Plasticky build, no camera flash.

Its out of stock at most online stores since its going to be replace by the S plus at a premium! So grab it @19k when you can.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S vs Galaxy S Plus vs Motorola Defy + vs Galaxy SL vs SE Xperia Ra

In case it is not available at any store then which one amongst Optimus Black and Defy + ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bump.

I need to buy phone within 2 days. Need quick suggestions with pros and cons please :)

In my opinion, for normal use(average wear and tear) Galaxy sl is better than defy plus.

+ves

-bigger screen

-Much better colours & brightness

-4gb internal memory

-better battery life

only reason to go for defy+ would be if you expect a lot of very roughuse

i have a galaxy sl, my friend has a defy. my battery lasts easily for 2 days(48 hrs+), his lasts for max one and a half

Galaxy S Plus ~ Galaxy S > Xperia Ray > Optimus Black > Galaxy SL ~ Defy+

You have specified phones ranging from ~16k (assumed for Defy+) to 22.5k (Galaxy S Plus). It would be better if you can list your requirements, usage and a small budget range.

Also, if you go upto the Galaxy S Plus, the Optimus 2x costs only a bit more and offers a better CPU+GPU, better camera etc...

Finally, if you are open to importing from the US, you can even get a Moto Atrix for ~20-22k.

Only If u r into modding Put in a few bucks and go for LG Optimus 2x it does have crappy and buggy software but CM 7 works perfectly for it at least u will be future proof ... Galaxy S or S plus lack the camera flash which according to me is a big deal breaker ...

dollar conversion rate is approx. 50 rupees/$ right now.
things have become more costly now getting from USA.

How can i import it from the US? Can anyone explain in detail ? Am relatively new here. 20-22k including shipping customs ? Smuggling or what :bleh:

rhlravi said:
Galaxy S Plus ~ Galaxy S > Xperia Ray > Optimus Black > Galaxy SL ~ Defy+

You have specified phones ranging from ~16k (assumed for Defy+) to 22.5k (Galaxy S Plus). It would be better if you can list your requirements, usage and a small budget range.

Also, if you go upto the Galaxy S Plus, the Optimus 2x costs only a bit more and offers a better CPU+GPU, better camera etc...

Finally, if you are open to importing from the US, you can even get a Moto Atrix for ~20-22k.

Keen on getting the Atrix or Photon now :O , do they come with warranty or not?

nitmeh3 said:
How can i import it from the US? Can anyone explain in detail ? Am relatively new here. 20-22k including shipping customs ? Smuggling or what :bleh:

Keen on getting the Atrix or Photon now :O , do they come with warranty or not?

no warranty

vriship said:
i will simplify the steps:-

1. bid using your ebay.in account on ebay.com

2. register for a PPO address in the US throguh Welcome To Shop Abroad Online, you will get your own post office address using this & you wont even have to pay any charges.

3. you will get mail from iccworldwide regarding your PPO address.

4. pay using paypal for the won auction and put the PPO address as your shipping address.

5. after seller ships your product and provides you the shipment number, again go the site Welcome To Shop Abroad Online and enter your shipment details with exact price you paid for it and other details.

6. your item will be received by the icc forwarding address in NY and it will be forwarded to you in india. you will get a call from icc executive regarding the shipping charges and the customs levied on your shipment, you have to pay it online on their site and they will forward their shipment to your local address in india.

So how much duty+shipping+taxes(if any) is charged ? And why on earth is Photon cheaper than Atrix 4G ? Even though Photon beats Atrix in terms of specs on paper.

@darkraven Did you get Defy or Atrix ?

I dont know about the shipping+duty etc..., but i saw deals on the USA ebay.com site for the atrix, starting from 410$ (~20.5k), some deals for 429$ (~21.5k), excluding shipping etc...

I also saw deals on ebay.in (Indian) site in the 23-24k range with shipping ranging from free to 200/-.

One can win the auctions for around 320-360$ as of now(both atrix and photon)...shipping and rest would add up to an extra 1500 rs. i guess.

Photon is cheaper than atrix as it cant be unlocked for other carriers in the u.s.

@nitmeh3 I didnt get any of them yet.Will wait till diwali as the nexus prime is due next week(expect some price drops for the atrix and photon) and diwali offers(for the defy). Which phone did you zero in on?

Hi guys. I have narrowed down to Motorola Photon and LG 2x now. Please tell which one to go for ? For a longer run. Vfm. And if anyone can provide me a good local deal?

Or any te member willing to sell their

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back