Great Hardware
Sense UI
Almost Perfect
Good support
Solid Build

Cons:
Relatively Poor battery life
Not that great for camera
Relatively old Hardware as compared to Galaxy S(no BT v3 and wifi n)

Sony ericson X10

Pro:
Looks Sexy
8mp camera with flash
Nice UI

Cons:
Android 1.6
not sure about SE after sales service
no HD video recording
Well...please help me which one should i get...i am really confused

X10 will be sporting 720p once it receives Android 2.1 Update ,which will be in Q3 ; around September ...

But IMO Samsung Galaxy S is overall better choice price as well as feature wise ...

abhifusion said:
X10 will be sporting 720p once it receives Android 2.1 Update ,which will be in Q3 ; around September ...

720p is no big deal when comparing the three phones, since the Desire will be getting it in an upcoming OTA update as well.

Out of the three Galaxy S makes for a better package over all followed by HTC Desire depending on your preferences. I don't think Xperia X10 is even in the competition with the other two.

Advantages:

- Hummingbird > Snapdragon

- 512Mb RAM vs 576Mb vs 256Mb

- S-AMOLED @ 16M Color vs AMOLED @ 16M Color vs TFT @ 65k Color (S-AMOLED is the best of the 3 displays)

- Considerably lower weight at 118g for such a large phone.

- Out of the box support for playback of several video formats including DivX and Xvid.

- More up to date support for Bluetooth and WiFi.

- More Internal Storage (8/16GB)

- A lot of essential apps (including document readers) out of the box

Disadvantages:

- HTC Sense better than TouchWiz.

- No LED Flash for camera.

- Samsung notorious for not supporting updates for their phone firmwares.

- I have heard from multiple sources that their PC software Samsung Kies is a piece of junk.

@ Lord Nemisis

Well...my major concern is with the samsung build quality ...its all plastic

Secondly whats the use of 720p recording without flash?

All samsung phones more or less looks alike and spending 28K i would want a phone that stands out

Also Htc desire...has good support at Modaco and XDA......

Lord Nemesis said:
I don't think Xperia X10 is even in the competition with the other two.

Advantages:

- Hummingbird > Snapdragon

- 512Mb RAM vs 576Mb vs 256Mb

- S-AMOLED @ 16M Color vs AMOLED @ 16M Color vs TFT @ 65k Color (S-AMOLED is the best of the 3 displays)

X10 has 384MB RAM Onboard as well as it supports 16M colours ... Amdroid 1.6 is keeping it aloof from using its own potential ...

^^ You are right about the RAM, fas or the color depth of the display, even gsmarena mentioned it as 65k colors. Are you sure its a 16M display? gsmaerna does not usually mentioned software restricted color depth when mentioning the hardware specs. For instance even for Win Mobile phones, if the display is a 256k or 16M color one, they usually mention that.

@LorDNemisis

Well i am more inclined towards htc desire cause of its build quality ,Superior Support,Led Flash

but i like the samsung hardware but i want to spend around 28K for a phone which stands out and i think that all the samsung phones look cheap and ...the Led flash matters for clicking picture at night...???

Lord Nemesis said:
^^ You are right about the RAM, fas or the color depth of the display, even gsmarena mentioned it as 65k colors. Are you sure its a 16M display? gsmaerna does not usually mentioned software restricted color depth when mentioning the hardware specs. For instance even for Win Mobile phones, if the display is a 256k or 16M color one, they usually mention that.
Well they have mentioned it in X10's review ...

"16M-color ready (65K effective colors under Android OS v1.6)"

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 review: Larger than life - GSMArena.com

Back