Budget Above 25K SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 i9305 OR LG NEXUS 4

hello friends ,
i am ready to upgrade to new mobile device, but lots of options available in market left me confused.

so i am looking to go for
1.SAMSUNG galaxy s3 GT-i9305 (LTE version with 2GB ram) @ 30-31k
2.Google's LG NEXUS 4 @ 24-26k
3.I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS.

OR
kindly suggest me which device i should choose.i am open to other models.i only have one preference i.e the mobile should be PORTABLE.(GALAXY NOTE 2 IS PRETTY BIG for me).

help is really appreciated

Congrats on your order.

But this is how the case is.

You are a flashoholic and can't live without latest android update and pure Google experience then it's nexus 4.

If you want less of what's mentioned above, then its samsung. Samsung is a pain in ass when it comes to updates. Plus their firmware is buggy and they show least interest in fixing it.

EDIT: benchmark scores are HIMBUG.

Next gen nexus will launch around november.Same as every other nexus till date.
i am planing to wait few months until Google I/O event in may.in the meantime the prices and availability of GS4 will be confirmed and GS3 will go down a little bit in US market.
since galaxy s4 launched just after 7 months of sg3,hopefully this will force google to pull up their nexus release date.

so i am looking to go for
1.SAMSUNG galaxy s3 GT-i9305 (LTE version with 2GB ram) @ 30-31k
2.Google's LG NEXUS 4 @ 24-26k

@samiryadav - I won't go into the hardware or benchmarks. I'll tell you my reason for picking S3 over Nexus 4. Nexus 4 has Software based Home, Menu and Back buttons, which take up screen space. Also when using a full screen app, like games, etc. the Menu Buttons get pressed by mistake a lot.

On S3, the buttons are below the screen, thus give full screen real estate for the content and don't get clicked by mistake as much as on Nexus 4.

Another reason was, S3 is easily available with warranty in India. Nexus 4, requires you to fore go the warranty, as its imported.

Last edited by a moderator:
@samiryadav - I won't go into the hardware or benchmarks. I'll tell you my reason for picking S3 over Nexus 4. Nexus 4 has Software based Home, Menu and Back buttons, which take up screen space. Also when using a full screen app, like games, etc. the Menu Buttons get pressed by mistake a lot.

On S3, the buttons are below the screen, thus give full screen real estate for the content and don't get clicked by mistake as much as on Nexus 4.

Another reason was, S3 is easily available with warranty in India. Nexus 4, requires you to fore go the warranty, as its imported.
The software on screen buttons that you are talking about is there in just vanilla stock Android rom. Now of course being on nexus you are gonna be flashing custom rom (even otherwise).. All latest updated aokp, paranoidandroid, cm10.1 have Pie with Expanded Desktop. This gets rid of navigation bar and status bar completely.. So no screen space is wasted :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back