Android Samsung Galaxy S4 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
I am sure the service center behavior in India is only because of mentality of those people working there. Probably samsung might have better service outside this taken for granted country.

dafreaking

Skilled
Jun 23, 2007
I have been to the service centre in question. My experience was pretty decent, apart from the wait time. Didn't charge me a penny for out of warranty service (cleaning) either.

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Nov 3, 2010
Skynet
@Sumit05 You are going to hurt the feeling of many with that. Haha, just look at the reactions on Youtube comments. It is a great video and shows the basic user what he can invest his money in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pixel

Adept
May 21, 2006
Just received my phone from the Service Center and I am still facing the same problem!
Samsung says that there is "NO PROBLEM" with my phone.
img20130613000171.jpg

ahd

Adept
Aug 22, 2009
Mumbai
Where do I buy the Spigen Neo Hybrid case cheapest online ? Ebay global buy listings are around 3000 INR and the spigen listings on Ebay.in are non-genuine?

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Aug 27, 2007
Pune
www.wrapcode.com
Don't know if you guys know it or not.. DocRomBone tried to port Android 4.3 AOSP to I9500 and surprisingly phone booted. Some parts are not working yet but the good thing is phone is booting. If the phone is booting, we have achieved one big milestone already.. Another news, one guy from CM is trying to port CM to I9500 too. He'll be using Nexus 10 parts since Nexus 10 is also based on Exynos 5. #GoodRiddance

Reactions: sujan

matoind

Adept
May 24, 2009
I just upgraded from Galaxy S2 to S4. I am quite happy with the battery life. Lasts a full day with heavy usage.

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
S4 users, need your inputs here!

A friends S4, i9500 model bought from Dubai, hangs at the boot screen (or rather at the SAMSUNG logo screen) forever and won't boot fully unless and until you do a factory reset. This problem occurred twice on the phone's stock ROM and we had to do a factory reset using the stock recovery. Fed up, my friend wanted it rooted with a custom ROM installed. I rooted it and installed CWM (cofface) and the phone currently runs Omega 8.0 custom ROM (based on stock TW ROM). Now yesterday, the phone again displayed the same behavior, it hung up at the boot animation screen of Omega ROM. We had no option but to do a factory reset via recovery.

Any solution to this? Anyone faced similar problems?

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
S4 users, need your inputs here!

A friends S4, i9500 model bought from Dubai, hangs at the boot screen (or rather at the SAMSUNG logo screen) forever and won't boot fully unless and until you do a factory reset. This problem occurred twice on the phone's stock ROM and we had to do a factory reset using the stock recovery. Fed up, my friend wanted it rooted with a custom ROM installed. I rooted it and installed CWM (cofface) and the phone currently runs Omega 8.0 custom ROM (based on stock TW ROM). Now yesterday, the phone again displayed the same behavior, it hung up at the boot animation screen of Omega ROM. We had no option but to do a factory reset via recovery.

Any solution to this? Anyone faced similar problems?

Bumping up!!

Any pointers/advice guys ?

paarkhi

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
@eternoMind, Better to post this problem on XDA or request @Rahul++ to have a look at this, he may be able to suggest something for this because he knows quite a lot about the inside of the phone as he develops ROMs for the devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.