Budget 20-25K Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9192 for Rs. 20722 - Good buy ?

rakeshmarar

Disciple
Cant find decent reviews for this model. Primary need is a decently powerful smartphone with dual sim active support. Don't want Samsung Galaxy Grand or Duos. Kindly suggest ! Is Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9192 for Rs. 20722 a good buy ?

For that price range, I think yes it's a good buy. But it's not a good phone. Get up to around 25k for nexus4. You won't complain ever.

edit: ah, you need dual sim.. well nexus is out then as it's not dual sim.

@mojo but how can we verify the network/signal issues? Any TE user currently using S4 mini duos can comment. My only gripe with Nexus is its from LG...My P765 conked off in less than 7 months and hence I dont wanna risk buying an LG again...Cos setting up your entire phone up again is a real PITA and I hardly get free time from my work :-(

@Sobirvs: That might be a mental advantage towards Nexus, but after using it for one whole week I was so bored, I don't know but it was everything but buttery. Anyway, doesn't matter.

That's the thing, you will get bored of vanilla android if you don't do any customization and install apps/games. Don't even expect things which is useless anyways like air gestures from S4. If pure android bores you, iOS will do the same. It's all upto you. The more apps, customization, the more you will enjoy.

Also, when it comes to buttery experience, Nexus 4 kicks g2/z1/note3 ass.

I love it when I compare my phone to my brother's Note 2, my mamu's note 3, both of those phones gives them alot of lag. Even compared my phone to z1, g2 on a showroom couple of days back :p The best phone I could find which atleast was giving some competition to n4 was g2.

@Sobirvs , I saw a youtube video which talked about the N4 having a terrible battery life and this is one big, big requirement for me. How good is the N4 battery considering I am often on the move. I am also inclined towards the Lenovo P780 but a lot of people I know say that after my LG L9 went kaput in a few months, its better to stick to Samsung and I have no clue about Lenovo's A.S.S.
Btw: the video i was quoting

@rakeshmarar , never compare LG Nexus 4 to any other model of LG's. Nexus will always get the software support directly from google.

And yes, the biggest downside of Nexus is the battery life. Sorry to say but it's bad. Also it depends on your usage. If it's just the call you make, it could last you a full day that's no problem, but gaming constantly will last just 3 hrs max. Browsing may be 4 hrs tops. It all depends on your usage. Alos, there are few kernals and roms which can get you better battery life with nexus 4. When I bought the phone, battery life was never a big thing for me. For me it was all abt the phone should have buttery experience, like iOS. And it did a great job with that. Don't go for leneovo, though it will give you a great battery life, but they won't give you the software support trust me. Battery life also depends on software optimization which will be a big factor on android 4.4 kitkat which probably will be released this month and will be first on a nexus device and not on any other device.

When you will get a nexus, you will know what all I'm talkign about, and trust me you will be really glad you went for a nexus device and not samsung/lg(except g2/nexus)/sony shit.

And going with samsung? :p I would never do that. The best thing abt nexus and iPhones is that their price never falls down until the new phone of the same series get's out. Then either their prices slash like for eg iPhone 4 or they are just discontinued just like Nexus 4 right now. And I guess I don't have to tell you the price slashing shit samsung pulls :p just 6 months back s4 was for what? 40k? and now it's for 32k lol... My friend bought grand quattro and I bought a S Duos 7562 and both of their prices were gone down to another 2k right next week after we bought it, needless to say my friend sold his and I gave mine to my mom instead of taking a big loss selling it 2nd hand.

My roommate has got s3 but all he does is check out my phone all day :p he knows now what is nexus and why it's better than every other handset. Just the battery life is a worry, I won't lie about that :)

@Sobirvs , Hey thanx for an honest feedback. I am currently browsing for any stable roms/kernels which could probably improve battery life on the N4. Btw, why you selling your N4 bro ? Also, is it wise to wait for the N5 now ?

@Sobirvs , Hey thanx for an honest feedback. I am currently browsing for any stable roms/kernels which could probably improve battery life on the N4. Btw, why you selling your N4 bro ? Also, is it wise to wait for the N5 now ?

slimrom official + hells b39t5 jwr is what I have heard is the best which will give you SoT of 5 hrs... meaning much more than a day if you are using your phone for calling/texts and little bit of browsing.

I'm selling mine just because I need cash right now. May be I will buy g2 which has got a sexy screen. But not this month, may be next month as I need cash for some personal problem.

If "warranty" is a big factor for you, then go for nexus 4 but if not go for nexus 5 and buy it online. :)

There are two advantages of having a Nexus device.

1. Updates.
2. Smooth experience.

There are a number of phones which beat N4 hands on a number of things.
Camera is very mediocre.
Battery Life is also poor.
Video recording . Well lets just say it just exists.

Back