Samsung Galaxy Tab vs Motorola Defy?

muneersn

Disciple
was planning to buy a defy. just came across a sparingly used Galaxy tab from a friend for 16.5k. i understand that they are different form factors and difficult to compare, but was wondering if its better to get the tab itself.

a smartphone is basically used for browsing, apps, organizer etc. so would it make sense to use a small basic phone for calling purposes and a large screen tab for all the 'smart' stuff?

opinions. :)

Well depends on your usage really. If you want to use it at home then sure it makes sense to get the Tab. Will be way better than getting a smartphone. But if you want to use it on the go, will you be able to carry it everywhere with you? A Dell streak at 5" is borderline pocketable, the Tab definitely isnt. So it basically depends on what exactly you want the device for

Well, looking at what he has said above. He's getting a Tab for 16.5 and a new Defy costs 17k or so. So probably he wont be having the budget to get a Dell Streak.

It totally depends upon you, whether you'll be able to carry the large Tab along with you everywhere you go. Or the Defy is the best option so far in this price range.

funny title.
And it can't be said in a better way than what "hunt3r" has said.

@home - tab. @outside - DEFY DEFY DEFY (i love this mobile a lot for its RUGGEDness, but don't see anyone using it :( )

emmarbee said:
funny title.

@home - tab. @outside - DEFY DEFY DEFY (i love this mobile a lot for its RUGGEDness, but don't see anyone using it :( )

Same here Dude its just an awesome phone.

16.5k for Galaxy Tab is a great deal, hard to come by deals of this sort, I would have gone for it. Cuz mobiles you can get at that range but Tablet is a complete different story. You can always use your old phone for now cuz the Tab is gonna make you really happy.

dell streak is not a option I would look at, not because of budget, but because its just not VFM. also holding up something that big to the ear would look really ackward.

as a smartphone I completely agree that the defy is by far the best and more than what one could ask for in that range.

the title sounds rather odd, but I am not comparing the tab and defy feature for feature. I am just exploring the idea of using a large screen device for all the 'smart' features and a small phone for calls.

the bottomline seems that its about being able to carry around the tab everywhere.

emmarbee said:
funny title.

I like being unique, sold SGS bcs too many ppl had it. Dont worry Defy is an awesome phone man!

OP: Depends on what you want. Defy is more of an all round thing.

Thanks people. All your replies and posts helped me make this wonderful choice. I'm lovin it! :)

rusty4ever said:
what kind of comparison is this?? lcd tv vs movie hall???
I've already explained its not a feature to feature comparison. Its just about the idea of using a tiny dumbphone for calling/text and a more convenient 7 inch device for all other stuff.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Back