Samsung Galaxy Tab worth buying ??

^^ What makes you think that the Tab 8.9 will launch sub 25k ?

And Honeycomb really doesn't mean much right now with extremely few number of apps out there for it. For a 7" tablet , Gingerbread is great.

@OP : Your choice should be based on what size tablet you want.

I can almost guarantee that wifi 8.9 will be launched around the 25k mark.

It will cost $469 in USA, even if you multiply it by 55-60 it comes out around 25-26k, which is what the max mrp will be. And this is how indian stuff is priced.

mrp will be like 25-30k max and street price will be around 23-27k!

Yeah I am also waiting for the Galaxy Tab 8.9 version, I already have the iPad but like Android much more...... earlier had an iPhone but now and Android, on a side note the iPad 2 has been officially launched in India!

Size of the Galaxy Tab attracts me too- it seems definitely more compact than the bigger 10inch or 8.9inchers

Guys actually using Samsung Galaxy Tab- who have compared this to Ipad-please give ure inputs of actual use- have to buy a tab- which is very very portable for whole day use & carry- is Galaxy Tab the one ?

^^I have used both the first gen ipad(non 3g) and tab.While is tab is much easier to carry around the pad has much better screen and battery.

What are you planning to do with the tablet?

This is what I posted earlier in some other thread

Things in favor of iPad:

Optimized iOS out of the box; Thousands of apps optimized for Tablet

Smooth and Amazing Web Browsing/Gaming Experience

Things in favor of Tab:

More RAM!!

More mod-ability (via community support)

Cameras

Can be used as a phone (yea yea I know )

The biggest difference between the two, though, is

PORTABILITY!

If you want a bigger screen to casually browse when home, get the iPad hands-down!

If portability and light-weight is what you are looking for (especially to surf the web on the go), go for Tab (only because it is now selling for cheap)!

In the end, both are Gen-1 tablets and are already outdated with the launch of iPad 2 (and Tab 2 release around the corner). So I would invest in something which has a better chance of being future proof and IMO, that would be the Tab since there is a very high chance of it getting Honeycomb unofficially/officially! However, as is the case with all Android vs iOS devices, if you don't want to mess around/tinker with the tablet, get the iPad for it's sheer OOTB usability! For Tab, you will need to flash custom firmwares/mess with the internals to get a smooth experience!

Back