samsung kies

demonhead

Disciple
despaterly need help on installing and using samsung kies for mobile phones on windows xp.... i did everything samsung people mentioned but i don't think those idiots ever used it themselves.... anybody who is using samsung kies pls pls pls guide me... or kindly suggest alternative if there is any :S

demonhead said:
despaterly need help on installing and using samsung kies for mobile phones on windows xp.... i did everything samsung people mentioned but i don't think those idiots ever used it themselves.... anybody who is using samsung kies pls pls pls guide me... or kindly suggest alternative if there is any :S
Today I downloaded and installed Klies for my Corby Pro without any issues.. I had installed it initially but it was not getting updated as it used to get stuck while updating from the internet. So I unistalled it from Add/Remove Programs and downloaded it from the below link.. I am using WinXP Home editions SP3 (32-bit)

Samsung Corby Pro B5310 - Support - Samsung Mobile India (exe present under the "Software tab")

So far no issues and its working fine, from the mobile end, you need to select "Samsung Klies" under PC connections in Settings tab.

Let me know what you want to do with your mobile phone and PC, for data transfer (songs,pics etc) just select "Mass Storage" under PC connections in the Phone Settings and your phone storage will be displayed like the USB drive.

thats exactly the version i am using to install but it keeps lookin for .net 4.0 but for xp we have .net 3.5 only. and i have 3.5 installed on my pc. anyways the setup completes and later it just fails to launch after installation showing fatal error sign. :(

i have tried installin reinstallin it for 5 to 6 times still no luck :'(

demonhead said:
thats exactly the version i am using to install but it keeps lookin for .net 4.0 but for xp we have .net 3.5 only. and i have 3.5 installed on my pc. anyways the setup completes and later it just fails to launch after installation showing fatal error sign. :(

i have tried installin reinstallin it for 5 to 6 times still no luck :'(

I didnt have .net installed when i installed kies, it automatically installed 4.0, but i had trouble with updating kies the connection to samsung server kept breaking & i was never able to complete the update.

just update Windows using Windows Update...... update everything except WGA.......... update the recommended as well.

It works on Win XP SP3 x86 updated to Nov 2010

Back