Disciple
Hello All,

I wish to buy a LCD/LED TV .. my tentative list goes like this:

Samsung 46C650
Samsung 46C550
Samsung 46C5000

I wish buy one of these.

My typical usage usage is :
HD Movies,Tata Sky, Internet and PC Monitor Usage.

Please let me know the pros and cons of each considering all the aspects.

Regards,
som

Budget? :)

LED backlit/edge-lit TVs demand a premium over the usual ccfl backlit LCD TVs - almost close to 25~30k. I am not sure if spending so much is advisable, but if you have the budget, get one by all means. LED backlit TVs with local dimming have a great PQ with sharper image processing. Better blacks as well and lower power consumption.

All the TVs you have shortlisted are the newer models launched in the 2010 lineup. In addition, Sony has their lineup - the EX600 and EX700 series. the EX700 is essentially EX600 + the Motion Flow 100Hz/200Hz tech. So if you are not into gaming, the former is a good choice as well. :)

well the LED-lit lcds aren't worth the price premium.46c650 is cheaper alternative.also from what i am reading the samsung LEDs have been reported to have undefeatable dimming ,so another reason to get the C650.they use the same or similar panels as the led-lit lcd range.
The EX700 has a X gen sharp panel with slightly better viewing angle and better motion compared to say the EX500 with a SPVA panel.As always get the sonys in grey market,since they are a lot cheaper.

If its in showoom purchase only the samsung C650 are your best price vs performance lcds ,cheaper then the EX500.

Dear Adder and Desecrator,

first of all thanks for replying.

actually my choices are limited to the above three models only.

Well there is one more model that can be added is the samsung LA46B750U1R

What I am confused about is :

1.Should i go for Samsung 46C650/Samsung 46C550/ LA46B750U1R or Samsung 46C5000

2.Lets say I go for the LCD then out of these which one is the best .. surely looking for VFM

3.Now one more question is: does the Samsung 46C5000 have local dimming or its just a LED backlit/edge-lit ?

regards,

som

C650 is the lcd to go or the ex500 slightly better for gaming.

Haven't seen the c750 but its should have better motion then C650.

This year only the samsung C9000 & sony HX800 will have limited local dimming,if you want a tv with native high contrast with local dimming and the best blacks in a 2010 tvs you will have to wait for the sony HX900,whether one can afford them is a different story.

From what i have read in diff forums LED edge lit/ back lit are not so good ... so with my budget its better to go for

Samsung 46C650/Samsung 46C550 .. LA46B750U1R is also good but it is beyond my budget as i have already strectched to the max :(

So now when VFM comes to picture ... which one sud i go for Samsung 46C650 or Samsung 46C550 ??

thanks a lot for all the replies

rgds,

som

SOM1 said:
@Adder you mean the Samsung LEDs are all LED backlit/edge-lit ??
Well all 2010 samsung LED range are EDGE-Lit.
If you can afford the C650,then yes its also good in price vs performance,unless offcourse you compare them to the sony grey market price.

Well, i have a friend who works for Samsung India,so i am getting at a discount.

Prices:

Samsung 46C650 -- 84,840

Samsung 46C550 -- 73,080

Samsung 46C5000-- 89,040

BTW I am planning to buy a 46C650.

Thank you everyone for guiding me. I really appreciate the gesture

Regards,

som

Back