Monitors Samsung Monitor Cable Spoilt

unonymouz

Disciple
Hey, I have a Samsung 798 MB Plus CRT 17". Out of warranty. The cable that connects the Display to the Graphic Card is spoilt.After spending a lot of money on a new rig, I dont want to spend a lot on having the monitor serviced out of warranty.The cost is around Rs.600 btw, for changing a single wire. :huh: :(

Please advice.The wire itself costs around 100 rs only.Are there any other ways to have it replaced without the Rs. 600 service charge?

Since it is out of warranty why not get it done at a local computer repair shop, will charge 100 bucks to replace it at the max. The cable has 2 different types of connectors on each ends, one is the VGA and the other connects to the board inside the monitor. I remember seeing this when the Samsung guy came to my place to repair my monitor, which was still under warranty.
Its very simple, once the outer back shell is removed, you will have access to the cable connector.:)

I had faced the same issue with my monitor.

Got the cable from a second hand computers dealer for 150/-

As said, its very simple to fix, you can do it yourself.

If you are yourself doing this then just take caution and handle with care, because CRT monitor stores high voltage (even when off), so take care that you don't touch all places. (I remember something like this was told to me by my Sir, but confirm it)

:stop: Potentially dangerous since even when not powered for hours, inside of the CRT monitor may be having voltages of tens of thousands of V. Get it replaced cheaply by the local TV/PC technician.

Back