Laptops Samsung N128

Anyone having hands on experience with Samsung N128 netbook? What is the feedback about it - especially the battery life?
Which Linux OS will be better suited for this netbook?

Planning to buy one to use on the go. Is this ebay deal good?

I've got one, its pretty decent. Battery life I'm guessing is about 7 hours although I've never run it for that long, 5.5 hours is the longest I've used it without recharging.

The deal seems really good. I got mine for 17k from a regular brick and mortar store.

Not sure about Linux I'm using XP on it, would suggest upgrading to 2GB though, made mine feel a lot better. 1 RAM slot, so you'll have to sell your default stick and buy a single 2GB stick if you want to upgrade your memory

n128 comes with 4000mah battery and n138 comes with 5200mah battery.....i bought the n138 for 16k.....u can get from ebay with coupon for a little less...the difference between the two is worth the extra money

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

@haider_up32, how much battery life can be expected from N138?

Also, are the speakers good enough for casual movie-watching?

techcheat said:
I am tempted by the price... but unaware of the coupon system. can anyone help me and provide me the coupon and tell me how it works...

Ebay provides the users coupon codes, which you can enter in the payment page and click the "Apply" button. Usually these coupon codes are user-id specific. If you are lucky, these coupon codes might work for you too. these coupons can be found in the following links:

1. retailmenot
2. Ebay thread on TE

Whats the diff between N138 and ND10 ? I need to buy something exactly(design, color, speakers, stickers, hinge) as NC10 just without OS. Is it the ND 10 which is exactly similar or the N138. Both N138 , ND10 & NC 10 seems to have 6-cell 5200maH battery.

@dennis yes, around 8 hours ,top of the line models in samsung always comes with better speakers

@supra ,the n138 is similar to NC10 in looks (online reviews)

@supra ,the n138 is similar to NC10 in looks (online reviews)

Can u link some N138 reviews ?

Also the ND10 is same as NC10 w/o OS? The ND 10 is cheaper in ebay than the NC 138, so is it better to go for the ND 10 rather than N138 :p

Back