Samsung Note 2 vs Galaxy S3 ?? Help..

Sylar

Disciple
Hello Everyone .
I am using the Nokia N8, its started to give me a little problems , i am planning to buy a new one.
I am in a fix about which one to buy, the Note 2 and the S3 ???
I could not fine a Proper Benchmark and Dogfight video between the two devices. And the Display screen comparisons havent been dont on youtube as well .. :(

Please help me out about which one to pick.
Please post detailed answers supporting ur suggestions...
Thanking in Advance :)

Note 2 is a tablet, S3 a phone. If this is going to be your primary phone, you are better of with S3, Note 2 will have portability, use, etc. issues. Think for yourself, how in-convinient would it be using a tablet for round the clock phone calls!

Errm the Note isn't a Tablet. It's a PHABLET :p

As for the size. I have been using the Note since December last year. I have normal sized hands so it doesn't feel too big. However, you will definitely need to use both hands for most operations unless you have extra large hands. Also it is a matter of getting used to the size of the device. At first it will always seem large. I have gotten used to it but for my next device I wouldn't mind stepping down to a 4.8" screen as it can get cumbersome in some situations to use such a wide phone.

Also as pointed out earlier, the Note to will take a few months if not more to get here. Go for the S3 if your need is immediate.

it all depends, if you need the Spen functionality , then the Note or else the S3. Size is objective as @dafreaking said once you get used to the extra screen space is actually a bonus, who needs a phone & tablet when you have the note? i am architect and love to browse the Internet on the go, using the spen to jot down details, show additions in sketches/sketches in photographs etc. and using auto-cad ws on it sheer delight, don't think anything comes close to the note in that aspect...its a nitch product.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are fine with a bigger screen go with Note 2, it will release simultaneously or faster in India (One thing I love about Samsung, India is given importance). If the leaked pricing is an indicative it should be priced at 38.5k.

Personally speaking I would not go with any phone but Note 2. However dafreaking has a point, extended voice usage is gonna be awkward, but if you are a person who watches a lot of multi media on phones, or surfs a lot. The big screen is a boon.

hmm...
thanks Guyz for following up .. :)
Well i don't mind a big screen, I frankly am a little bent over for the S3 , dont know y, just have a thing for it. Will buying a Note 2 limit me in any way.. ?
Does any of the phones lack anything compared to eachother ???
Will i regret not buying the other phone if i get either ??? :O :S

This is what is bothering me , i don't think there is gonna be much of a price difference ?

Do you really need a powerful phone like S3 or Note2? Think about it since they cost a lot of money.

I have a Nexus One andthen bought a galaxy Nexus. Since I use phones for calls/mails, I somewhat regret purchasing GNexus since Nexus One can do all of them.

Do you really need a powerful phone like S3 or Note2? Think about it since they cost a lot of money.

I have a Nexus One andthen bought a galaxy Nexus. Since I use phones for calls/mails, I somewhat regret purchasing GNexus since Nexus One can do all of them.

Hardware specs wise Note 2 has a bigger screen, and the latest tech. In addition it has 2gb of RAM, which I feel will make a huge difference.

I do need a powerful phone,i use my present N8 for a number of things.
And yes i know about the screen difference :p
What i actually ment was that if i buy either of the phones will that phone be lacking anything Capability wise ???

Note 2 has 2gb RAM, trust me more RAM makes a world of difference in everyday usage. I dont understand these manufacturers, why do they skimp on RAM when its so cheap, and it makes a huge performance difference.

I have both . Depends on where you want to use and what you want to use it for . If you travel less and are at one place in the day I say note . If you travel frequently then the s3 as not very comfortable to use when outside owing to its size . I use the note at home and s3 at work .

^^ Capabilities wise, they are both very similar. The main difference is the screen size and the stylus.
LOL,,, ok :p

Note 2 has 2gb RAM, trust me more RAM makes a world of difference in everyday usage. I dont understand these manufacturers, why do they skimp on RAM when its so cheap, and it makes a huge performance difference.

Hmm.. Yes indeed it does make a difference.. I to dont understand, RAMS for phones are cheap and still they dont use it.. One thing i found was that the phone gets more hot when More Ram is used.. THe chip's temp rises drastically....

I have both . Depends on where you want to use and what you want to use it for . If you travel less and are at one place in the day I say note . If you travel frequently then the s3 as not very comfortable to use when outside owing to its size . I use the note at home and s3 at work .

Hmm, Yes Ankush.. The size make a difference.. Unfortunately i am not as rich as u r so cant afford 2 phones of this price :p
U can help me out here tell me is there anything that one of these 2 phones cant do when Compared ???? Which is more Fluid ???

- - - Updated - - -

@op - n8 user here. sorry to interfere. may i know what issue you face with n8 ?. is it worth extending its warranty ?

Hey fellow N8 user..
Well my device is like now 2 years old ,i had extended its warranty
This phone of mine after the Anna Update started hanging ALOT, used to Restart again and again, i tried a number of things to improve it , but ALAS!!! didnt work ...
Then came Belle it was a lil better than the ANNA but still used to hang and Restart. or suddenly Choke on Processes..
I HAD LIKE 5000+ Messages saved send and Inbox Combined. I know it is a big load on this phone.. But still..
this present day it has Belle Refresh OS on it.. it is quite better from the OLD Belle but still occasionally hangs.. I Deleted almost 4000 messages from my phone, and now it seems to be fine .
But still SMS should not be a problem.
What all Problems r u facing ???
And Yes extending the Warranty is not bad, i got it done....

Considering the value of your usage is more important. S3 is a powerful phone with many innovations. And the note 2 is a slightly more powerful phablet. And do not worry about the size, it's the same size as note wherein the screen margins have been increased.

If you game a lot, read books occasionally, watch videos and browse most the times. The note 2 is definitely preferred first for the screen size and second for the sheer power of multimedia handling.

Back