Laptops Samsung NP-R517 Laptop: Screen "WHITEOUT"

Hi frnds,

I bought Samsung NP-R517 Notebook around 2 years ago and last month I encountered this problem where while I was using my laptop, suddenly the screen went White, by this I mean the whole screen went fully White.

Except this "Screen Whiteout" problem the system is working fine, nowadays I am using my laptop by connecting my ancient 15" CRT monitor via VGA port to it, using my lappy in this way is such a pain in the a**.

But a few days back the display of the lappy mysteriously came back, everything went back to normal but destiny had something else in advance for my lappy(sorry to be too dramatic, but I call this the "Samsung Side effect"), the Whiteout state again reappeared within a few hours (I remember myself saying "Noooo" when the display was slowly whitening out right in front of my eyes... goshh you gotta be hard hearted while witnessing such "brutality"). The same "Whiteout" problem had occurred a few months back also but then the display came back again within a week and I didn't encounter any problem since then until now.

Now the question is: What has gone wrong with my lappy ??

Guys, please suggest me some ways to correct this problem 'cause now I'm sick of typing on my lappy keyboard and staring on the CRT monitor.

Guys, please help !!

It might be due to problem with your LCD cable connection. It may be a loose connection problem also. Have you opened your Laptop recently?

It must be a cable issue. I had a similar issue with a SAmsung N128 netbook ~ 10 days back. Got the cable replaced for 901/- inclusive of taxes and Rs. 500/- Fixed Service charge. Take your Lappy to an ASC.

If you can source the cable and are capable of handling the laptop internals, you can do the replacement yourself. I couldn't source the cable for my netbook...

Back