Camera Samsung NX300

I was looking to buy a compact yet good camera. Sony RX100 was on the list for sometime.

But now i can get the Samsung NX300 for a good price. I saw the reviews and they are quite good. Anyone using it here. Let me know if it is good for casual photographer

I am getting it for Rs34,700 for 18-55mm and 50-200mm lens and Rs28,700 for 18-55mm lens

for that price you can get a Canon 1100D with 18-55 and 55-250 mm lens.
That's the thing with mirrorless vs DSLR. With the latter you invest in the glass. Change the body as and when required.

With mirrorless you're buying a system that cannot be used with anything else.

mirrorless is lighter than DSLR, so there is somewhat of a portability argument. But they won't fit in your pocket like RX100 and its like. So you're carrying it in your hand just like a DSLR, ok its still lighter.

NX300 has good ratings for picture quality, if those two lenses are all you think you will ever need then its a good price.

That's the thing with mirrorless vs DSLR. With the latter you invest in the glass. Change the body as and when required.

With mirrorless you're buying a system that cannot be used with anything else.

mirrorless is lighter than DSLR, so there is somewhat of a portability argument. But they won't fit in your pocket like RX100 and its like. So you're carrying it in your hand just like a DSLR, ok its still lighter.

NX300 has good ratings for picture quality, if those two lenses are all you think you will ever need then its a good price.

I think (as per his post) He is looking for a good compact camera for casual use. At this price this Camera seems great. And I'd hardly call this as an investment in a system.

What are the lens options with this model ?

Other than samsung that is.

You dont get many lens options. There are quite a few from Samsung. Other companies include ‎Samyang and ‎Rokinon. Not sure if you can get them in India.

But i dont think i will be buying anymore lenses apart from the kit lens provided. This will be for casual use in home or while travelling.

The NX300 is a great buy for that price. For your kind of use, a mirrorless is a smarter option than carrying around a bulky dSLR. They are equally as good ( if not better) as a dSLR.

I think (as per his post) He is looking for a good compact camera for casual use. At this price this Camera seems great.
It is.

And I'd hardly call this as an investment in a system.
By system i mean when the next models come out say a year or further along what use will these lenses be ? can they be reused or are they married to this particular line of model. Could you just upgrade the body and hold on to the existing lenses.

This is the future cost you pay for portability today.

As getting into a camera system ,samsung is worse then Pentax especially in India.
The lenses are not available no third party lenses from tamron or Sigma.

You are better off looking at Sony NEX range(now just called alpha) or the M4/3 system.

You are better off looking at Sony NEX range(now just called alpha) or the M4/3 system.
Advantage of these mirrorless cameras is an APS-C sensor, massive. Micro 4/3s i think its best to avoid if not required. Sensor size is only a quarter of APS-C. Is sony still interested in the NEX line or have they moved on to something else.

These mirrorless systems are a lifetstyle choice, they are light and have good image quality. Thing is you're locked into whoever you choose. Be it sony, samsung or anybody else.[DOUBLEPOST=1389954720][/DOUBLEPOST]
Will he be able to buy the NEX 3/5 with 2 lenses in the same price? If so then IMHO the NEX 5 series will be better...
Doubtful, which is what makes this offer interesting. If he knows what he is getting into, keeps his requirements simple then this is a good camera.

I noticed there is no flash provided with this camera, ok, if you can avoid flash all the better. It's available as an external option though.

I noticed there is no flash provided with this camera, ok, if you can avoid flash all the better. It's available as an external option though.

The info seems weird...Some websites claim the external flash is included, some say otherwise. IMHO at this price for casual use this seems like the best option.

i have the NX210 and that has the external flash so im sure the 300 will have it in the bundle, mine was picked up from singapore though, i think

Advantage of these mirrorless cameras is an APS-C sensor, massive. Micro 4/3s i think its best to avoid if not required. Sensor size is only a quarter of APS-C. Is sony still interested in the NEX line or have they moved on to something else.

These mirrorless systems are a lifetstyle choice, they are light and have good image quality. Thing is you're locked into whoever you choose. Be it sony, samsung or anybody else.[DOUBLEPOST=1389954720][/DOUBLEPOST]
If one is shooting in Jpeg mode only then the Olympus mirrorless cameras can't be beaten.Their Jpeg images are so good and they arguably have the best Jpeg engine.
The m4/3 cameras from Olympus from the past 2 years use the same Sony sensor tech found in Sony and Nikon APS-C sensors ,their ISO performance,DR etc is better then most of canon APS-C cameras
http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Comp...s-PEN-E-PL5-versus-Canon-EOS-7D___870_839_619

As far as Sony they are pushing the E-mount NEX more then their A-mount SLT cameras.In india they have also launched the A7 and A7r full frame E-mount cameras.

And its widely accepted fact that the future is mirrorless.Sony,Panasonic,Olympus,samsung have already gone that way.

Back