Samsung Omnia W or Nokia Lumia 710

freeze

Disciple
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]So very confused between Nokia 710 and samsung Omnia W
<

Nokia has one up = the Free Sat guide package(lifetime), by which i mean, Nokia drive, Maps.. I see this to be awesome!! I get to save thousands on GPS unit for the car.

Its hardware isnt as good as what samsung Omnia W offers as said by gsmarena.

Super AMOLED display on samsung is said to be a better experience, but nokia display isnt too far behind

the Video and images shot are better than Nokia. (Video being undoubtedly better in most conditions)[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The Samsung Omnia W has a 1500 mah battery, supposedly last about 2 hours longer when on wifi. [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]And most importantly the missing secondary camera on the Lumia 710 is quite ridiculous.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]But all in all, quite clearly Samsung wins over on alot of ways... But Lumia has something very irresistible on it. Its hard to outweigh each other and I would like to hear from what the users have to say.[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] [/font]

Omnia W hands down .Nokia drive can be hacked to Samsung phone ( read it some where) .I have used the phone for a day and fell in love with Windows Phone, did not like the Lumia 710 for its weird corners.

The SAMOLED screen on the Omnia W is awesome.Why dont you consider the Lumia 800 its a brilliant phone after the price cut ??

Nope! Windows Phone doesn't support that As of Now!

I think Apollo or Tango will address that..

Tango won't bring Bluetooth file transfer. This feature wont likely come in Apollo as well. Nokia Lumia 710 has offline navigation which is missing in Omnia. Omnia has WiFi hotspot which Lumia doesnt have. But in the next few weeks, this feature will be there as well.
<

Tango won't bring Bluetooth file transfer. This feature wont likely come in Apollo as well. Nokia Lumia 710 has offline navigation which is missing in Omnia. Omnia has WiFi hotspot which Lumia doesnt have. But in the next few weeks, this feature will be there as well.
<

err...lumia 710 does not have offline navigation...not sure if it came with the latest update (not applied it on my phone yet)

Also, Lumia has a lot of usability issues(OS related)...go for Omnia W..

err...lumia 710 does not have offline navigation...not sure if it came with the latest update (not applied it on my phone yet)

Also, Lumia has a lot of usability issues(OS related)...go for Omnia W..

I am using Offline navigation. It came as an update last week. as far as issues are concerned, nokia has released 1-2 updates and will release more soon..

Interesting article in today's TOI:

TOI:

I was planning to get Samsung Omnia W but now thinking should I got for Motorola Defy Plus instead !

Regards,

Subu.

There is one more article:

TOI:

Now they are saying that Angry Birds Space will be coming up soon for windows too!

Regards,

Subu.

Hi All,

After all the reading and reviews, I have decided a few options. Kindly guide me. My budget is 15K. My usage will include:

1. Calling and SMS with good battery backup.

2. Music and sometimes Videos, hence screen sizze of 3.7 inches. Want good audio quality.

3. Wifi and GPRS only to check mails and facebook, etc

4. Not a apps freak but will want some decent ones. Marketplace of windows is growing at a fast pace.

Keeping all these points in mind and reading all the reviews and comments, I have zeroed in on Samsung Omnia W. This is the first touch and smartphone that I will get. Thought of Andriod but was impressed by the UI Windows.

I am aware of the shortcomings of WP 7.5 (Zune player sync, no bluetooth, 8 GB fixed memory, etc) and I am fine with it. Only 1 concern with Omnia, I read that when you play video of 720 ps, the audio goes out of sync. Omnia users can you please confirm on this?

Other phones that i evaluated were:

1. Morotola defy plus - good phone but not that keen to go with it.

2. SE live with walkman - small screen size and display is not that great when compared to others.

3. Samsung Galaxy Ace - not worth the money.

4. Nokia Lumia 710 - good phone but battery life is a concern.

Will be getting Samsung Omnia W by this weekend, so kindly let me know about the video playback issue and also if there are any more issue.

Thanks,

Subu.

Thanks Musicislife, I have read that it makes the positioning very accurate is that actually true?

And also the lumia 710 - I read on the anandtech review that it too has GLONASS support (it seems logical since the Snapdragon MSM8255 supports it) is that true?

[font=Georgia,]The two phones, Nokia Lumia 710 and the [/font][font=Georgia,]Samsung Omnia[/font][font=Georgia,] W carry great promise for the Windows phone aspirant.[/font][font=Georgia,]Lumia 710 is slightly better built, better suited for Travelers and with niftier applications. [/font][font=Georgia,]. If you are looking for [/font][font=Georgia,]the smartphone[/font][font=Georgia,] for your video conferences and for a brilliant display, [/font][font=Georgia,]Samsung Omnia[/font][font=Georgia,] W would be a better choice. Nokia Lumia 710 may not really [/font][font=Georgia,]rock the[/font][font=Georgia,] boat of the Omnia Fans, but it would certainly make a wonderful purchase for its promising offe[/font][font=Georgia,]rs.[/font]

Back