Budget 30-40k Samsung S20FE vs Samsung S21FE?

Aakarshan

Recruit
Recently I have been in the market to purchase a new phone. I have zeroed in on these two phones. Which phone should I buy? I was about to purchase the S21 FE but it has an exynos processor. I was even about to buy Galaxy S22 but it has got SD Gen 1 Processor which too tends to overheat. I am thinking to buy S20FE, I just need a phone with a stable performance, a stable Proc and good battery life. I have heard that the battery life of S21FE is worse than S20FE.

I am coming from SD 855. It was the most stable processor at that time. It could execute anything whatever you throw at it. I live in North India and it tends to heat here 8 months out of the 12 per year.

I have thought about Pixel 6a/S22/Pixel 7a/iPhone 11/iPhone 12/S21 FE too.

The only con that I will face while purchasing the S20FE that it will not receive the software updates in the future.

What do you think about it. Samsung S20FE is available to purchase at 27k right now. Should I purchase it now or should I wait for the BBD sales?

You will see the max price drops during the BBD. You can zero in more options from other brands as well. For resale value i will suggest you to go for iphone.
You might also want to check nothing phone 2.

I have been a S21 fe and it's fine for general tasks and day to day use. When compared to S20 FE which my friend has , I found the S21fe is slightly better feel in hand , has a better display , is more compact and will have a longer update cycle .

From a cons perspective....Gets heated at times (for no particular reason ) which has been solved to a great extent with recent updates . Exynos works absolutely fine for day to day task . Battery will last you around 10-12 hrs with medium to heavy usage. Average screen time with some optimization can be around 5 hrs. You will need to charge twice a day.

Some of the things I like about S21 Fe are

- IP68

- Samsung Pay . Works like a charm and has made me leave my wallet at home

- Decent set of camera

- Updates are fast and on time . I assume this would be applicable for most Samsung phones

Hope this helps !

Don’t consider 11 at this time, it lacks 5G and AMOLED.
Don’t consider 12 either, will have 64GB for cheapest option, and battery life is worse.
If your budget permits for 13, go for it.

Coming to android,
Pixel 6A is a good phone for this budget. If you are okay with iQOO, you can consider neo 7 pro.

Recently I have been in the market to purchase a new phone. I have zeroed in on these two phones. Which phone should I buy? I was about to purchase the S21 FE but it has an exynos processor. I was even about to buy Galaxy S22 but it has got SD Gen 1 Processor which too tends to overheat. I am thinking to buy S20FE, I just need a phone with a stable performance, a stable Proc and good battery life. I have heard that the battery life of S21FE is worse than S20FE.

I am coming from SD 855. It was the most stable processor at that time. It could execute anything whatever you throw at it. I live in North India and it tends to heat here 8 months out of the 12 per year.

I have thought about Pixel 6a/S22/Pixel 7a/iPhone 11/iPhone 12/S21 FE too.

The only con that I will face while purchasing the S20FE that it will not receive the software updates in the future.

What do you think about it. Samsung S20FE is available to purchase at 27k right now. Should I purchase it now or should I wait for the BBD sales?

Pixel 6a : bad modem, ultra slow charging, heats up a lot, old chipset.
iPhone 11: pathetic battery life, very very old design/camera.
iPhone 12: Marginally better than 11 but better to go with iPhone 13.
S22 : Very very bad battery life.
S21 FE: Better than all of the above but has Exynos chip in it (comes with usual heating and battery issues).

You can look at s22+ sometimes it comes around 55k on Flipkart u just can't get better deal from Samsung in that price. Much better than FE series. S20FE is pretty old device now so don't go for it. S21FE both snapdragon & Exynos varient heats a lot more than s22+. Personal experience with all these 3 expect s21 snapdragon varient which launched few days earlier. 888 is worst than 8+ gen 1

Back