Budget Above 40k Samsung S22 worth it?

abx

Disciple
The s22 and the buds 2 are selling for 66k on Amazon including the coupon and the card payment discount.
I've been looking at the Asus 8Z because of the comparatively smaller size but the uncertainty regarding the update cycle is a major turn off.
OTOH, S22 promises 4 years of Android updates and 5 years of security updates.
Also, seems like Samsung finally decided to ditch the Exynos in this one
Apart from the update cycle, is there anything I should worry about in this phone?

Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is the thing to worry.... Heating issues,CPU throttle & what not plus You must have heard about Samsung silently throttling performance in S22 series devices. Read about that as well. It's all over news.

Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is the thing to worry.... Heating issues,CPU throttle & what not plus You must have heard about Samsung silently throttling performance in S22 series devices. Read about that as well. It's all over news.
AFAIK it's not as bad as the 888? (Pls correct me if I'm wrong) And I don't do anything demanding on my phone - no PUBG or Asphalt so I don't see the throttle affecting my usuage.
Consider the Motorola Edge 30 pro on FK. Except for the average camera, everything else is great.
Geekyranjit can't seem to stop talking how good that phone is lol. Definitely more feature packed + value for money but I wanted to switch to S22 because of how small it is (that's why contemplated getting the Asus 8z).
Moto 30 Pro is a fairly big phone sadly :(

The s22 and the buds 2 are selling for 66k on Amazon including the coupon and the card payment discount.
I've been looking at the Asus 8Z because of the comparatively smaller size but the uncertainty regarding the update cycle is a major turn off.
Apart from the update cycle, is there anything I should worry about in this phone?

Eventhough the form factor and "almost flagship" tag is appealing, battery is insufficient by today's standards.
No matter how efficient the chip is, end of the day, android is android and no matter how good a chip can 'try' to use less battery often, android by default needs a bigger battery. We are already using phones all the day. So 4000mah is minimum needed.

Regarding the exynos thing, I don't think they ditched it. They seem to be testing what works for different countries, they do it often. I may be wrong though.
For eg, S20 FE came with sd and everyone liked that phone and it was a success. Then S21 FE came with exynos and a higher price, we need to know sales figure, but atleast there was huge criticism, esp from our country. So now we have S22 series with sd and when they announced it, twitter was full of praises for samsung for giving sd to indian models, finally in their flagships. With this feedback, people could definitely feel samsung phones with sd, are the only alternatives to iphone models.
But here pricing seems a bit off.. Tomorrow I won't be surprised if Samsung comes and says, see if we had used exynos, you would have got for lesser price, so next we will give exynos so that phones will be affordable..

But honestly, this time S22 models are a bit costly. Maybe bcz they are not made in India?? Someone can clarify this. If you don't mind the price, still they are the best in Android.

Last edited:
No phone is worth it at launching price, this isn't any different. If one can wait, then these should be bought in a sale. Easily can be got for around 45k or so.
True. Your comment reminds me of this geekyranjit video (I've mentioned him twice in this thread lol) -
I'll try to look for any coupons/referrals/bank offers and see if I can get the final amount any lower if I absolutely want to pull the trigger on it right now.

AFAIK it's not as bad as the 888? (Pls correct me if I'm wrong) And I don't do anything demanding on my phone - no PUBG or Asphalt so I don't see the throttle affecting my usuage.

Geekyranjit can't seem to stop talking how good that phone is lol. Definitely more feature packed + value for money but I wanted to switch to S22 because of how small it is (that's why contemplated getting the Asus 8z).
Moto 30 Pro is a fairly big phone sadly :(

Do not go by only geekyranjit feedback,He is a Motorola Fanboy. No matter what kind of phone moto launches,He always praises it & defends it's flaws. Even his loyal followers now have started bashing him for that. So if you have eye on Moto Edge 30 Pro then do watch some other reviewers as well.

Do not go by only geekyranjit feedback,He is a Motorola Fanboy. No matter what kind of phone moto launches,He always praises it & defends it's flaws. Even his loyal followers now have started bashing him for that. So if you have eye on Moto Edge 30 Pro then do watch some other reviewers as well.
Thank you so much for the reply. I didn't know this at all. Sucks tho :( I really trust his reviews ever since he released that video I linked above

Thank you so much for the reply. I didn't know this at all. Sucks tho :( I really trust his reviews ever since he released that video I linked above
Almost every youtuber falls into the trap of paid-bias reviews someday...

how are you getting it at 66k. the only offer i am getting is the 5k card one and i am not even seeing an option to add the buds 2

Asus is notorious with update delays. Poor resale of Samsung is something you should know. More than 60 percent drop inside a year of ownership

I just recommended S22 to a friend because it now has Snapdragon chip and then I come across this thread. He never liked previous exynos flagships because he thought they were laggy. Should I change my recommendation? He play PUBG mostly.

Is the issue with s22 series or Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 in general?

I just recommended S22 to a friend because it now has Snapdragon chip and then I come across this thread. He never liked previous exynos flagships because he thought they were laggy. Should I change my recommendation? He play PUBG mostly.

Is the issue with s22 series or Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 in general?
Not sure if the S22 base is good for your friend if he likes gaming on phone.
S22+ or the Ultra variant have bigger batteries and also a bigger screen too.
I've been looking at reviews online and apparently the smaller display in S22 makes it hard to game properly.
Asus is notorious with update delays. Poor resale of Samsung is something you should know. More than 60 percent drop inside a year of ownership
I don't see myself selling if a phone with top notch specs is giving me constant updates. Also, I don't hear Samsung downgrading their prev models through updates like Xiaomi does, so might just use it for as long as the phone stays alive lol

Not sure if the S22 base is good for your friend if he likes gaming on phone.
S22+ or the Ultra variant have bigger batteries and also a bigger screen too.
I've been looking at reviews online and apparently the smaller display in S22 makes it hard to game properly.

I don't see myself selling if a phone with top notch specs is giving me constant updates. Also, I don't hear Samsung downgrading their prev models through updates like Xiaomi does, so might just use it for as long as the phone stays alive lol

Samsung if not best but one of the best/top notch when it comes to updates. Samsung never brick devices or pushes bugs through updates like Poco,Xiaomi or Realme doing these days. Also Samsung currently having best update cycle in Android Brands.

Back