Samsung S23 or A55 ?

blr_p

Skilled
Which to get?

Or

Both S23 (8GB+256) & A55 (8GB+256) for 43k

For 3k more you can get the A55 with12GB+256

Both will get four OS upgrades but the A55 starts at 14 whereas the S23 launched with 13

The A55's battery will beat galaxy S+ (let alone S) models for half the price if you accept a slightly less capable camera.

Did I mention the A55 comes with a microSD slot.

It's possible the A55's price will reduce further but the S23 might not be available later.

I'm also wondering whether the FK S23 offer can be trusted as Amazon can't match it for much more?

And Samsung wants 70k on their site for the same specs S23

Attachments

• A55 batt vs the rest .png
    A55 batt vs the rest .png
    442 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Which to get?

Or

For 3k more you can get the A55 with12GB+256

Both will get four OS upgrades but the A55 starts at 14 whereas the S23 launched with 13

The A55's battery will beat galaxy S+ (let alone S) models for half the price if you accept a slightly less capable camera.

Did I mention the A55 comes with a microSD slot.

It's possible the A55's price will reduce further but the S23 might not be available later.

I'm also wondering whether the FK S23 offer can be trusted as Amazon can't match it for much more?
The S series with dock features, pro camera and a lot more , if you have budget for S series, the premium is justified over A series.
FK with open box so if you have doubts , just carefully inspect

FK with open box so if you have doubts , just carefully inspect
Where did you see the S23 FK are offering is open box?

The reviews are positive going by the nearly 60 odd from only a day ago. This thing is flying off the shelves.

One review says it is open box but he didn't inspect properly

Attachments

• Open box S23.jpg
    Open box S23.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
No product on fk shows that unless product is added to the cart & then proceed to the payment page at which point a msg should show "rest assured with open box delivery".
1727755351880.png

That is the only risk with open box delivery, if you don't inspect properly & accept the product then can't raise physical damage issue afterwards. Also, now you also need to keep an eye on order status page on flipkart app to make sure open box delivery is not removed because seller shipped via a delivery partner other than ekart logistics (for which I made a thread here).

The reviews are positive going by the nearly 60 odd from only a day ago. This thing is flying off the shelves.

I got a Pixel 8 for my cousin yesterday. delivered by Flipkart. The delivery guy opened and took photos of the box in the sealed state. also took photos after opening it. and gave it for my inspection and then asked for OTP.
so i guess its their standards these days.

Which to get?

Check this.

S23 has Qualcomm while A55 has Exynos.

Remember this, when it comes to Samsung, S series are higher tier models and A series are mid tier models. So, S series will usually have better hardware & software.

Also, you'll get custom ROMs only for Qualcomm and not for Exynos.

And more importantly, you'll get custom gcam APK's for Qualcomm phones, especially Samsung phones.

I got a Pixel 8 for my cousin yesterday. delivered by Flipkart. The delivery guy opened and took photos of the box in the sealed state. also took photos after opening it. and gave it for my inspection and then asked for OTP.
so i guess its their standards these days.
Everything else was same for me except the bold part. In my case he opened the box. He took photos of the phone from both front and back and also box accessories. Then asked for OTP in a way that he's doing me a favour or something. Passed further unsolicited remarks that the provided data cable is really costly and that there is charger in the box etc. (as I was murmuring to myself how I will have to buy a bloody charger now).

Like I said 2 years ago when this Open Box Delivery started. It's a Big Bloody Drama; BBD. Yeah. Scammy AF place.

PS: Sorry for this completely OT comment.

S23 is much better overall, I've used one which my dad has and honestly it's a great device just less battery but we don't get S23+ anymore so can't do much!

I really like the in hand feel of the device and how compact it is, it very much resembles an iPhone.

My wife is still using her s20fe ...3 years later...works perfectly well even now...I have not yet had to change the battery or anything but the battery replacement cost is just 2-3k for samsung (max)

But s20fe is snapdragon...avoid any exynos like you avoided covid
I have the s20fe too and its working great.

Was just thinking about the next phone. Ideally the S23+ would have been the choice but back in March i didn't find any for less than 75-80k.

Which is exorbitant compared with the S23 price right now.

I guess to feel like a upgrade from the S20FE the S23 would be better.

The A55 wouldn't feel too different from the S20FE.

UPDATE:
Wait for S25 that will be SD 8 Gen 4?

Last edited:
I have the s20fe too and its working great.

Was just thinking about the next phone. Ideally the S23+ would have been the choice but back in March i didn't find any for less than 75-80k.

Which is exorbitant compared with the S23 price right now.

I guess to feel like a upgrade from the S20FE the S23 would be better.

The A55 wouldn't feel too different from the S20FE.
Wait for S25 that will be SD 8 Gen 4?

So I can buy S25 as an upgrade over my S20FE 5G in 2026 Diwali sale :tearsofjoy:

it's open box I can confirm, ordered the s23 for my father and it was an Open Box delivery
What did you check for when it arrived?

I would see if the box was still sealed before the delivery guy opened it. Or is the seal broken before?

After that cosmetic damage.

Finally verify the storage size from settings after switching on the phone.

What else?

What did you check for when it arrived?

I would see if the box was still sealed before the delivery guy opened it. Or is the seal broken before?

After that cosmetic damage.

Finally verify the storage size from settings after switching on the phone.

What else?
I got a S23 too before this sale and it was open box delivery. I checked everything before saying the otp, first for scratches, dents then booted it up to check for any display issues like dead pixel etc only then I told OTP to delivery guy.

I've been using it for a month now, if you are okay with charging two times a day it's a great little flagship. I'm using it at 60hz and the battery is pretty average but it works for me as the standby is ridiculously good. I can charge it to 90% in the morning and if I use it only for calls(hardly 10 minutes for the day) it'll be at 80% when I get home at night. But if I turn on 5g and browse/watch videos for say 3hr total then it definitely needs charging again at night.

I've been using it for a month now, if you are okay with charging two times a day it's a great little flagship. I'm using it at 60hz and the battery is pretty average but it works for me as the standby is ridiculously good.
I'm not impressed with the battery which is why I proposed the A55 but not a single person here agreed and you already voted with your wallet.

The S23+ would be ideal but not so much at twice the price of the S23
I can charge it to 90% in the morning and if I use it only for calls(hardly 10 minutes for the day) it'll be at 80% when I get home at night.
Using it like a feature phone
But if I turn on 5g and browse/watch videos for say 3hr total then it definitely needs charging again at night.
Depending on your 5g signal strength.

Back