Samsung S23 or A55 ?

blr_p

Skilled
Which to get?

Or

Both S23 (8GB+256) & A55 (8GB+256) for 43k

For 3k more you can get the A55 with12GB+256

Both will get four OS upgrades but the A55 starts at 14 whereas the S23 launched with 13

The A55's battery will beat galaxy S+ (let alone S) models for half the price if you accept a slightly less capable camera.

Did I mention the A55 comes with a microSD slot.

It's possible the A55's price will reduce further but the S23 might not be available later.

I'm also wondering whether the FK S23 offer can be trusted as Amazon can't match it for much more?

And Samsung wants 70k on their site for the same specs S23

Attachments

• A55 batt vs the rest .png
    A55 batt vs the rest .png
    442 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
The s23 belongs to Samsung's flagship lineup. It beats the a55 is almost all parameters except screen size and battery size. Recommend comparing their specs on gsmarena.

Regarding your points regarding the 1 year extra update, micro sd slot and extra battery size, you'll have to weight these out against the value s23 provides in other spheres. At current fk price, the s23 is a no brainer imo, IF you're looking for a compact phone.

P.S. I own a s23

I'm not impressed with the battery which is why I proposed the A55 but not a single person here agreed and you already voted with your wallet.

The S23+ would be ideal but not so much at twice the price of the S23
I'd suggest you to get the S23 but if battery life is a deal breaker only then consider the A55, still at 43k it's a bit much considering the soc isn't that powerful.

What did you check for when it arrived?
original seal on box, damage on the box, making sure all the accessories/paperwork/sticker on phone were there by comparing it with an online unboxing, also checking the phone itself for any damage,
Finally verify the storage size from settings after switching on the phone.
this didnt matter in my case since I ordered the base 8GB ram/128gb variant for my father

then consider the A55, still at 43k it's a bit much considering the soc isn't that powerful.
I think its that part that put everyone off and made the S23 the better value pick

Looking at the CPU benchmarks, the A55 is slightly better than the S20FE that came out three years back. I paid 10k less for it as well.

The S20FE was UFS3.1.
Nothing mentioned for A55. Likely UFS 3.0 which will be half as fast

So the A55 is overpriced by 10k

Last edited:
I recently made a thread on which phone to buy -

I bought the S23. I'll note I had specific requirements, mostly related to the physical size and layout of the phone. You should consider your use case and what you need and make a choice accordingly. I've used the S23 for a little bit and it works for me but then I don't care about phones and I use it minimally.

I bought the S23.
Ok I read your thread. Quite a budget increase from modest expectations :)
You should consider your use case and what you need and make a choice accordingly.
A S23FE with SD but it doesn't exist. I'd like more battery but I'll be stuck with slow CPU and storage for the next few years if I go with the A55. I'm actually quite fine with the S20FE i have so far which is little over two years old.
I've used the S23 for a little bit and it works for me but then I don't care about phones and I use it minimally.
As long as you're not too demanding and offload any multimedia to another.

I've ordered the S23 given the unanimous consensus here. Hope this open box business goes well.

This will definitely feel like an upgrade over the S20FE at least in performance and I think that's important.

Last edited:
Ok I read your thread. Quite a budget increase from modest expectations :)

A S23FE with SD but it doesn't exist. I'd like more battery but I'll be stuck with slow CPU and storage for the next few years if I go with the A55. I'm actually quite fine with the S20FE i have so far which is little over two years old.

As long as you're not too demanding and offload any multimedia to another.

My expectations did not increase, the budget did. But the budget was open ended. I had to choose something for the purposes of asking for a recommendation. Since I liked the J7, I wanted something similar.

I understand but don't have anything to say. Go with whatever you will regret less.

My main "machine" is my PC, the phone is still used like a phone, to make calls, and in this day and age (due to technology) to use the phone as a remote for some programs on my PC. My average "screen time" as reported by the phone over the past few weeks has varied between 7-14 minutes per day.

I'm using it at 60hz and the battery is pretty average but it works for me as the standby is ridiculously good.
Anything 1%/ hr or less?
I can charge it to 90% in the morning and if I use it only for calls(hardly 10 minutes for the day) it'll be at 80% when I get home at night. But if I turn on 5g and browse/watch videos for say 3hr total then it definitely needs charging again at night.

Never heard of such a feature before :happy:

Technically, with such a feature battery won't ever be an issue.

Endless gaming? :woot:

But its not available for non gaming apps as yet. Maybe in the future as the hardware supports it.

Last edited:
Looks like I arrived late to this threads. Glad that you are getting the S23. S23 is definitely the better choice, lot better than the A55. Not to forget that A54 is available for 10k less (23k for 128GB and 35k for 256GB) and is not that much different compared to A55. Samsung A series is always in awkward position as it is closer to S series and gets trumped by competition. Given how Sammy is pricing their phones, I would not touch any Sammy phone that is not the S series. If I do not have budget for current gen S series (eg: S24), I would go for S23 during sale season. Worth every rupee.

I have also bought S23, waiting for the delivery, upgrading from Pixel 4a and this was the only compact option available.
What about the Pixel 8? It's a compact phone, and during this sale, the price for the 256GB version has dropped significantly to 40K. I think it's definitely worth considering, especially since it never went below 69K according to the price history.

What about the Pixel 8? It's a compact phone, and during this sale, the price for the 256GB version has dropped significantly to 40K. I think it's definitely worth considering, especially since it never went below 69K according to the price history.
S23 itself is slightly bigger and heavier than my Pixel 4a and Pixel 8 is bigger and heavier than even S23, so my choice was easy. Dimensions here:

You got in just in time. I'm seeing the 256GB version now going for 2k more at 45k. And the 128 GB version is up 3k from 37k
I had price locked it 10 days back and then ordered it few days back. 128GB was 37k for price locked buyers then became 38k within 1 minute of sale and now it is 40k.

Back