Budget Above 25K Samsung S7 or S7 EDGE

Thumbmeup

Disciple
I want to know which has the best in class camera and ease of use. I prefer camera a lot. I read that S7 having better camera than the S7 Edge but I'm getting craze of Edge. So Edge camera is differ from S7. Please do help me to take my final decisions.

I couldn't find a link for better camera on S7 over edge variant , is it (apparently better results) due to higher resolution (ppi) screen on S7?
I've been using S7 edge around a month now, it has a excellent camera, best I've used on a Smartphone.
The Choice between edge and S7 is pretty simple ; if you need a gorgeous looking device, with a excellent battery life ever on a flagship Android then Edge is a clear choice . If you want a more compact device with better in hand ergonomics S7 is the choice. Edge is just 7gm heavier than S7 & Smallest phone with 5.5 screen.

Another S7 edge user for over 20 days.
S7 Edge has definitely better battery at 3600 mah. How good ? Sometimes I have gotten 3+ hour around SOT with 2.5 hours of call and heavy GPS navigation with still 20% battery to go at the end of the day. This is with nearly 80-100 apps installed, stock and non-rooted. S7E feels better in hand and is easier to pick it up off the table though might be negated to some extent by the use of a case. 5.5" IMO is almost the sweet spot for typing, content consumption and one-handed usage. S7E is the narrowest phone at 72.6mm width next only to ZTE Axon Pro at 73.7mm so it's the easiest to hold and type one-handed 5.5 incher. Now there are three negatives that makes me sometimes regret the purchase, though I may out grow them over time.
  1. Accidental touches : I am using a Ringke Fusion which is a thin and narrow case and I get couple of accidental touches especially while typing. The worst is the 'send' button on Swype keyboard which lies on the edge part of the phone. Initially I had lot of accidental touches, now there are fewer because I have gotten used to it and because there was an update that fixed palm rejection to certain extent. But I still get couple of accidental touches throughout the day while typing. I send a half written message because my palms end up touching the 'send' button.
  2. Screen Protector : There are virtually no edge to edge tempered glass that will stay put for the edge, with an exception of Mimeusa and GEPL and they are very expensive and have a very limited set of reviews. All film based protectors are pretty average. The only good one is Zagg HD Dry which is again quite expensive and very difficult to apply.
  3. Fragile : Due to the edge to edge screen the phone is very fragile and there are hundreds of postings on reddit, xda and other forums where people have broken their glass with a week of usage.
Oh and theres some backlight bleed on the edge which happens on white screens which is not much of an issue.

P.S : Point 3 can be fixed by getting a thicker case which will also improve 1 to some extent, but will make the phone relatively wider.

But I still get couple of accidental touches throughout the day while typing. I send a half written message because my palms end up touching the 'send' button.
Won't happen with portrait mode.

Screen Protector : There are virtually no edge to edge tempered glass that will stay put for the edge, with an exception of Mimeusa and GEPL and they are very expensive and have a very limited set of reviews. All film based protectors are pretty average. The only good one is Zagg HD Dry which is again quite expensive and very difficult to apply.
  1. Fragile : Due to the edge to edge screen the phone is very fragile and there are hundreds of postings on reddit, xda and other forums where people have broken their glass with a week of usage.
  1. A decent case with a sufficent lip would help here.
P.S : Point 3 can be fixed by getting a thicker case which will also improve 1 to some extent, but will make the phone relatively wider.
Ah, so that 3 in one then

Oh and theres some backlight bleed on the edge which happens on white screens which is not much of an issue.
when the s6 edge came out people said the edge was distracting when watching video, for some reason they don't say that with the s7e.

I did an experiment with the S6's & note in the shop some time ago. Just ran my finger around the edge of the app drawer to see whether it would launch any apps. S6e/+ & note 5 launched them. Only the S6 did not.

Makes me think the regular s7 is the best one to get. There is of course the battery but its been improved with 6.0.1.

Back