Samsung Series 4 32 incher. Worth it?

So I have decided to get a LCD for myself.

After looking around I have decided it will be either the Samsung LA32A450 (the series 4 32 inch TV) or the Sony KLV-32V300A. At this moment I am leaning towards the Samsung because of the very decent price point.

Sitting distance is about 8 feet. Will be used mostly for Xbox 360, dish TV and DVD movies. Might have some HD content (720p) on it. The Xbox will be connecting through VGA and I would also like to sometimes connect my PC so a VGA slot is a must. So all things considered here is my question-

Does any one here have a Samsung series 4 and if someone does it would be nice to have your thoughts on it. Is there a specific reason I should look at any other model or go for Sony.

The Samsung official price is listed as 47 K on their website, Sony is 53 k. Showroom price is lower.

A friend knows a dealer and he can get me a decent deal on the Samsung. I am willing to spend about 55k max. Would prefer the cheaper option as long as quality is not compromised.

@ Hunter I thought about full HD. But lets face it I dont have ANY 1080p material, no PS3 purchase so no Blu ray for a while. Plus from what I hear there is not much noticeable differance between 1080 and 720 at that screen size. So I would prefer to stick with 720.

And from what I hear even the TV broadcasts (when they go HD) will be either 1080i or 720p.

Hunter said:
u r rite but if in future u buy ps3 den wat? it's better to buy a thing which can be used in future also......

I thought about that (a lot, since its almost a given that some time late next year I will certainly get a PS3) but I still dont think 1080p is worth it at a 32 inch level. If I was going at 40" it would have. But from everything I have read so far (and I looked around quite a bit on this) the opinion seems to be almost universal.

For around the price of a 32 inch 1080p I could get a 37 inch 720p series 4. And I really dont want to go down that road or I will end up selling my kidney for a 40 inch Full HD. :D

So I will stick with a 720p from the original post.

I suggest that U give a hard look to Samsung-LA32A550P1-it is 1920 x 1080 a frnd has it and is a really good screen- he got it for 46k from Delhi. However if U must have a 1366 x 768 --then plz. look at LG-Scarlet 32LG60UR for about 43k now in Delhi.

@ techhead the panasonic has no VGA connection. Otherwise would have considered it.

@ 47shailesh I will connecting my computer to it. Plasma is not so good over LCD in that. Plus the resolution of 1024 is a bit on the lower side.

@vijay I will take a look at the LG.

why not buy a Sony BRAVIAâ„¢ KLV-32S400A 32 inch LCD TV for 40-45k

as for no VGA on the panasonic then you can use a dvi to hdmi cable if you have dvi on your pc

I also have been looking into some 32 inchers and have narrowed down the following 2
LG-Scarlet 32LG60UR
Samsung LA32A550P1

differences between the 2 are samsung has a 15000:1 contrast ratio and is full HD
LG has a 50000:1 and is HD ready and response is 4ms.

IMO full HD is not noticeable in 32 inchers and dunno how much difference does the contrast ratio make.
Also heard LG has a USB connector and can play divx/xvid,mp3,jpegs directly off a usb device..

Udit said:
why not buy a Sony BRAVIAâ„¢ KLV-32S400A 32 inch LCD TV for 40-45k

as for no VGA on the panasonic then you can use a dvi to hdmi cable if you have dvi on your pc

Yeah but the problem is I will also connect the Xbox 360 with a VGA cable.

@ ganguly The LG website states that the 32LG60UR is also fiull HD.

I too cant really see the point of full HD on a 32 incher. So its still between Samsung (series 4) and Sony (V series) for me.

cellar_door said:
Yeah but the problem is I will also connect the Xbox 360 with a VGA cable.

@ ganguly The LG website states that the 32LG60UR is also fiull HD.

I too cant really see the point of full HD on a 32 incher. So its still between Samsung (series 4) and Sony (V series) for me.

well in this thread i posted pictures of the difference of 720p and 1080p image on a FULL HD 32inch sony KLV-32W400A lcd.

http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-electronics/hd-dilemma-115614.html

u can get a sony KLV-32V400A the new model for about 49900 in showrooms and KLV-32S400A for 44900 in showrooms such as croma ,sumaria etc.

Back