PC Peripherals Samsung T190 or Dell 19"?

Fire Wolf

Disciple
hi, i'm buying a new LCD monitor this week (upgrade over 17" HP) and I was going to go for the Dell E198WFP, but then I had a look at the Samsung T190 which is quite beautiful. Called up a dealer at NP and got quoted 9050 for the samsung, Anyone here have the T190? or should I go for the Dell 19"?

Thanks for the link, I'm tending towards the Samsung T190. Would've preferred if I could've got some personal comments from people on here :)

dude its upto u to which one to buy I were at ur place I would hv brought dell.But both moniters are well performing so it depends upon personal choice.Dude u can also get a 22inch in 9.5k,viewsonic VA2226

See the review

X-bit labs - Roundup: Touch of Color Monitor Series from Samsung (page 11)

Summary:

Fortunately, I have tested six models, including the presale SyncMaster T220P. The results are most controversial. The T200, T220P and T260 are set up awfully, but the T190, T220 and T240 are not just good, but among the leaders of their class. I can only make guesses as to the cause of this divergence. Perhaps Samsung does not take the problem of setting up the Touch of Color series seriously, even though the series is positioned into the premium market sector. Perhaps they use matrixes from different makers and of different quality in one and the same monitor model. Anyway, my tests make it clear that you cannot be sure of high setup quality of every ToC series monitor.

On the other hand, three out of the six monitors are so good in terms of color reproduction that they do not need any additional calibration to be used as home monitors (and what other use can you suggest for a beautiful monitor with a TN matrix?). Such an accurate setup can be but rarely seen in modern monitors of this class and you should keep this fact in mind, too.

H@cKer said:
dude its upto u to which one to buy I were at ur place I would hv brought dell.But both moniters are well performing so it depends upon personal choice.Dude u can also get a 22inch in 9.5k,viewsonic VA2226

I don't have space for 22", that why I'm going for a 19".

The Samsung looks well better, but I think the Dell might be a better performer.

Btw, what's backlight bleeding? I read that T220 somewhat suffers from it, so would the T190 suffer from it as well?

Back