Samsung Wave messaging memory.

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Hey guys,

I really found Samsung Wave interesting. I checked the technical specifications of Samsung Wave. I found Samsung specified Wave's Messaging (SMS) memory only 1000. How a phone having such a great hardware will have so less amount of messaging memory?

Anyone using Samsung Wave? Can anyone tell me how much messaging memory it has? I am txt addict, so 1000 messages will simply not be enough for me. I text a lot (you can say 500-700 texts daily :bleh:) that's why if it has less messaging memory, it will not be my choice at all.

Samsung phones have this as a drawback for sms addicts mine corby too shows message memory full in 200 messages and I have to delete my inbox everyday to avoid it

nokia phones are good as they have virtually unlimited sms storage

the limit if 1300 sms.this is so cause samsung allocates space for message storage in the phone memory and its fixed.

hoping they give some upgrades making it possible to transfer to memory card which means unlimited storage!!

there is an option where you can put the auto delete option running so as to make sure you dont have to delete it manually when the inbox is full.

If thats a problem then go for Android

I currently have 2K messages and still rising.....

Else Symbian.

Choice is yours....

OR

KEEp deleting messages after reading

this is for wave user...>>

i have seen wave & reads its review on internet.

but i am not able to decide to buy samsung wave or any android phone in that price budget..

please help me to decide..

thanks in advance..

rahul.. said:
i think there is an option in wave..

with d of which we can save the msgs in mmc..

like we hv in symbian..
Actually, it has the option of backing up messages to memory card. So when you reach the limit, back them all up to mmc and delete from phone mem. Individual backed up message can easily be viewed too.

The 1300 limit is annoying, no doubt about that. But I'm definitely hoping a future firmware update may add the option of saving messages directly to mmc which would permanently solve this problem.

Also if you like, when you reach the limit, you can synchronize them to your PC and delete from phone. :D

After some Googling I found, there is no solution for Messaging memory limit for Samsung Wave.. Due to it, I'm not going with Samsung Wave :mad: Shit.. I wanted this awesome kinda phone. I really liked it. Can't manage 10k more for Samsung Galaxy S :( Can anyone suggest me any alternative for Samsung Wave?

The Samsung Wave comes with 2GB internal storage and a 1GB microSD card bundled in the retail package. Unfortunately, the 2GB of on-board storage is divided into three partitions and you may use only one (390MB) for storing general files (that’s the one that mounts as a drive on the computer in Mass Storage mode. The rest two partitions are reserved for your Bada apps (1GB) and messaging (550MB). We can understand reserving some storage for apps, but dedicating that hefty 550MB to messaging purposes is beyond us.

Source: Samsung S8500 Wave review: Hello, world! - GSMArena.com

Still you guys saying it supports less sms?

^ It is dedicated to Multimedia messages, not Short Text Messages. Short text message Limit is some 1300 only. In fact Samsung Wave Official Webpage says, Message memory is 1000.

Back