Samsung Wave or Nokia N8 ???

hector19

| Crafted for Gaming |
Adept
Guys which one to Go for ? ? ? :ashamed: :huh:
Budget : 23k :D
Am in no Hurry, Need ur Advice , go for Smasung Wave or wait for Nokia N8

among these two, definitely N8. But I would suggest you to get better phone like Samsung Galaxy S or Moto Milestone or HTC Legend.

desiibond said:
among these two, definitely N8. But I would suggest you to get better phone like Samsung Galaxy S or Moto Milestone or HTC Legend.
I think both Milestone and Legend are too old now (hardware wise). In view of Gingerbread rumours (1GHz processor and all), it's better to be on safe side. Granted, the phone that you buy now may not get Gingerbread even after meeting requirements but still somebody will come out with custom ROM. But if hardware is lacking, upgrade path is blocked.

For now, in high-end I will only suggest Desire or Galaxy S. Desire is expected to launch in India soon and I have a hunch that it will be priced around 30K. Galaxy S is already available. Both phones have their merits but it finally boils down to what you prefer more, hardware or Software. Sense UI scores over TouchWiz but Hummingbird and SuperAMOLED are better than Snapdragon and AMOLED. Also, if you want to go grey route you can get Desire for around 25K (at least in Delhi you can)

@at OP: Between wave and N8, I will suggest Wave. The reason is that neither have Android so Bada doesn't matter. When compared to Symbian, Bada is quite good. Add to that the fact that hardware is simply superb on Wave (superAMOLED, Hummingbird). Because Samsung is trying to promote Bada, all this costs just 17K! I mean, initially Wave was supposed to cost above Rs 25,000. I have a hunch that Samsung is not trying to make much profit from Wave sales... they are thinking long-term though the plan may backfire. In fact, I think it will backfire.

NOKIA = NEVER EVER Again

Nokia XM 5800 Touchscreen; 7 Months usage; Dead Pixel issue with Camera CMOS Sensor (will have a black dot evry time back side camera is switched on), so exchanged for a Brand New

Nokia E72; 5 days usage; 3 Dead Pixels on LCD...... so exchanged for a Brand New.

Nokia E72 Again; with 2 days; 1 Dead Pixel; NPD was kind enough to fill in a DOA for me as this was reported back to him with in 48 Hours from Invoice Time.....again

Nokia E72..didnt open the box at dealer's premises..went home n found the set is in Half Open condition (someone somehow in CHINA managed to get the top n bottom of the set together n tried to push tat into the box)...again exchanged,

Nokia E72 Black Color, 5 Dead Pixels on LCD with in 5 days...had enough with E72....so thought of going with E71 Steel Grey....was fine for almost a month after which the handset started freezing randomly...build quality was really good..the set was Made in Korea as compared to the E72 & XM 5800 which are manufactured in China.

I just finally GAVE UP Nokia...

After researching for almost a month...for the best business mobile handset which has a good battery backup.....I finally settled for the Blackberry BOLD 9700 n that was - PERFECT !!! Still running fine from the past 6 months....gives an awesome battery backup of 10 days without recharging...with Lotus Notes mail access, msging, conf. calls, etc.

Pls chk the below link for a detailed review:

BlackBerry Bold 9700 - Full phone specifications

I have Wave now. And I am getting N8 . Out of those two, N8 for sure. Dont just judge it from N97 debacle. I can go on & on and describe it why,but not in a mood to type long sentences. Wait for N8 :) Nothing comes close to it in Multimedia department :) Wave is a success and I am 1000% sure that N8 will be a superhit too.. Specks dont matter much. My Wave cant just do 20% of multitasking my N86 is capable of. Symbian just rocks in multitasking department. Symbian 3 on N8 is a throughly polished version of Symbian 1 on N97.
Also Wave is available now. N8 will be late august / early september. BTW, that 12 mp cam on N8 looks just too delicious :)

@That the prob with Nokia. They dont advertise the real gems like N82 , N86 much. Instead they pour all their marketing money on flops like E72 , N97 etc.. Had you got N86, your experience would have been great. These two devices are the best non-touch phones ever made.

Both phones make for VFM bundles in their own respective ways. Wave has core hardware superiority and N8 has feature set superiority. I think the way to decide between the two is to make a check list of what you absolutely need and what you consider to be good to have and then compare the two.

Its a no brainer.......

Symbian's future is doubtful with fast dwindling developer support. Wave beats the N8 in all departments by a wide margin except the camera.

So go for N8 only if camera is of overriding importance for you.

Thanks all for ur Input !

12 Mp camera from Nokia N8 is not of much important to me. as both the Wave ( 5 MP ) & N8 shoots 720p Video

i've been on Symbian OS for quite a few years, so wanna explore new Phone OS , Howz BADA ? in terms of Future games & Apps, Feature Support ?

Btwn : the N8 ARM 11 680 MHz processor, 3D Graphics HW accelerator & Wave : ARM Cortex A8 1GHz , but no dedicated 3D Graphics HW accelerator :(

N8's 720p video is : 25 fps & Wave's : 720P video is 30 fps , its Really hard to choose between these 2 Phones :(

If camera isn't of much importance to you , then wave definitely . Offers more VFM . From all videos of N8 i have seen , symbian^3 is very much like s60v5 , just a few minor changes , and all the memory full errors still persist .

hector19 said:

12 Mp camera from Nokia N8 is not of much important to me. as both the Wave ( 5 MP ) & N8 shoots 720p Video

i've been on Symbian OS for quite a few years, so wanna explore new Phone OS , Howz BADA ? in terms of Future games & Apps, Feature Support ?

Btwn : the N8 ARM 11 680 MHz processor, 3D Graphics HW accelerator & Wave : ARM Cortex A8 1GHz , but no dedicated 3D Graphics HW accelerator :(

N8's 720p video is : 25 fps & Wave's : 720P video is 30 fps , its Really hard to choose between these 2 Phones :(
the future of bada remains to be seen but it does have all features out of the box and u cant really complain about that :) the wave does have a graphics HW accelerator (PowerVR SGX540), the best infact of any phone right now. Have a read Samsung Galaxy S “Hummingbird” chip to have 3x GPU power of Snapdragon – Android and Me

hector19 said:

PowerVR SGX540 FTW !@!@!@ NFS Shift :beer:

hector19 said:
Not sure if that's a fair enough comparison consideirng you are not taking into account the lens in each. N8 has a much better lens than most (or probably all) other phones in the market, and has been stated to be better than low to mid end P&S cameras.

My Nokia 5800 shoots at 30fps doesn't mean that its a better camera than what the N8 is :)

LOL N8 with out doubt, with that feature set why would you even consider another phone? Im sure people will find ways to install android on it too..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hector19 said:

That doesnt even matter!!! Look at the video quality once the video is taken then decide..

Wave has got powerGVX540 graphics which is more powerfull than iphone 3GS......it has got dedicated 3D Graphics HW accelerator as far as i know...

Wave has powervr sgx 540 with some 90 million triangles per second graphics performance
N8 has broadcom BCM 2727 with some 35 million triangles per second graphics perfomance

This is just nos. Dont matter in real life if soft is not optimised for it.

No phone can touch N8 as far as features are concerned :) HDMI out with native mode , usb otg and that stunning camera ..

The slow processor and OS of N8 are a real letdown. Wave has the most powerful graphics processor currently available not to mention the 1 Ghz CPU.....

All you people doubting N8, just wait till it is released. I got Wave now & will get N8. Then I can show you first hand which one is better :)

Back