Samsung Wave S8500 Bricked

anilthomas26

Disciple
Hi,

My friend's Samsung Wave S8500 got bricked when he tried to update the Bada 1.2 to Bada 2.0 through Kies (lost the internet connectivity in between) and the warranty period is over
<
. The phone is able to boot into Download mode , by pressing the 3 keys together.

I am thinking of flashing the phone through Multiloader, but I am not able to find the Indian firmware file. If anyone have the link to the firmware please post it; along with the steps to flash the phone using Multiloader. Also is it possible to flash the phone directly to Bada 2.0 ?

Thanks,

Anil

When I checked the phone the battery lost all the charge. So I tried to charge the phone. What happend was, the phone and battery got heated up and the phone didnt get charged. When I connect the charger or USB cable to the phone I am getting a white screen saying "FOTA Engine is not Installed", then after 3-5 seconds the screen will go blank and and then again the white screen will come. Then I tried to enter into the download mode (with the the charger connected) by pressing the 3 keys. I was able to boot into the Download Mode screen, but after 3-5 seconds, the screen went blank automatically and again I got the white screen saying "Fota engine not installed."

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue ? Is this a hardware Issue ?

Back