Samsung Wave S8500 India release

sujithbvm said:
@escaflowne

Can we reduce the size of the pre installed widgets which came along with the wave...?

I was talking about widgets like Daily briefing and all whose size covers the full screen of the wave...
I have not tried.Will try this weekend and let u know

@ All wave users....

I am not able to send any mails through my gmail from my wave,,,can someone tell me the settings so that i can set up my Gmail account...

And i have to setup my company mail also....My company uses Microsoft Outlook so can any one guide me through how to sync my company mail ID (Microsoft Outlook ) with the wave....

Thanks in advance

Wave itself configures your gmail settings why do you have to do it manually? Goto settings -->applications-->email-->Email accounts.....Select New.

@sujithbvm

Are you using activesync on wave?? if yes then you have to use the external address of ur Exchange server in " Server url " generally its is like Mail.google.com or webmail.google.com . if there are any other settings to be configure tell me i can help you with activesync..

Thanks agm_105

I dont know where i can find the activesync option in the wave.....and yes i have typed the external address of my microsoft Outlook exchange...can u please guide me in syncing it up?

hey all.. Instructions to activate push mail on the wave

1. Go to email
2. Open Exchange Activesync
3. type in full gmail id
4. type in password
5. leave domain blank
6. Click next
7. Put server URL as m.google.com
8. click Use SSL
9. Now click next
You will get options now
1. Click on email sync and choose your option.. this option will download the emails according to the past days chosen
2. click Done
3. now go to my accounts
4. click on activesync account
5. above email sync, on right is a symbol of a wheel.. click that
6. in peak schedule, click the option you want. Push sync will give you push mail, on time email as you receive in your account. This is push mail.
7. you can choose 5, 15 mins , 1,2, hours or manual timing to check your mail.

Done! push mail/manual sync activated! cheers..

@jithin_s

Can i do the same thing for my company id....it is based on microsoft outlook exchange?

By the way i tried it but it tells me connection failed...

sujithbvm said:
@jithin_s

Can i do the same thing for my company id....it is based on microsoft outlook exchange?

By the way i tried it but it tells me connection failed...
I too need to know how to configure my company id.

dont want to sound like a noob.. but really dunno what does push mail and outlook do /???????

anyone care to explain... ??? i have never ever had a chance to use them...

hey dont know about that.. have only tried with gmail and it works cool.. no probs.. am on JF1 firmware..

bought the wave some 40 days back.. it is only now that this site is not keeping my comments pending for moderator evaluation. so now i can comment freely..

so far the wave has fulfilled majority of my demands, quite satisfied.

try GPS status and simple compass apps from the app store.. both are quite good!

also, as i had told earlier, Zaklamp from the netherlands store.. torchlight using camera flash..

the apps coming in the stores really look promising for bada.. very refined and useful..

hey mates..just got my wave 3 days back for 17.5k with screen protector..its august manufacture and come with DDJF2 firmware..its latest i guess.

there is few things i want to ask.

1-I am not able to sync my calender with my facebook account. everytime i try to do this, it shows "facebook sync failed". why this error coming?

2-I syncd my contacts wid facebook sucessfully..but display pic on incoming call is too small..is there any way to increase the incoming call pic size?

3-and sometimes, when a call come..ringtone start ringing but no display come onscreen and i have to press the side unlock button to activate the screen display..is it common?

apart from all this..i am loving it..i used N91-8GB before this for 3 years and only thing i am missing from N91 is sound quality..wave SQ gud but not comparable to N91..apart from this..it rocks

^^^

How did you sync your contacts with facebook ???

My Facebook application is not working... it gives some network error.

And also about the GPS...... Do i need GPRS even if i download the maps from my pc and upload them to my fone ????

Can some one post some easy steps to use GPS with least amount of internet required coz im on vodafone and i dont have any data plan... just 10p/10kb zero rental gprs.

I got mine for 17.3k(ebony grey, not a bad color after all) from Heera Panna today, completely smitten by the phone! :D

Couple of questions..

1. Which is the best firmware till date? I have the JF1. (sorry but reading 60 pages is a task, and moreover i am confused reading most of them :p)

Just saw S8500XXJF8 on Samsung Firmware World

2. Same questions/issues what HoliC has asked above my post.

3. How the hell do you activate GPRS? As per the helpdesk the GPRS is activated, but no luck on this handset. I had a talk with the technical dept. of BPL (LOOP) without any success.

TIA

HoliC said:
And also about the GPS...... Do i need GPRS even if i download the maps from my pc and upload them to my fone ????

Can some one post some easy steps to use GPS with least amount of internet required coz im on vodafone and i dont have any data plan... just 10p/10kb zero rental gprs.
U dont need gprs to use GPS...... once u download the India maps(245MB) on to ur mmc via route66 sync, u wont need net........ also when u start the GPS, giv it 5mins to get sat conn........ make sure ur outdoors......

Back