Samsung Wave S8500

Ankur

Adept
samsung-wave-phone.jpg

Its been few days that Samsung introduced its power monster Samsung Wave with a 5mp camera with HD video recording @ 30fps. 1ghz cortex A8 processor, SUPER Amoled 3.3" Screen and what not, And our delhi dealers have got them for a really drool-over price :eek:hyeah:.
I called up the dealer and he quoted me Rs.17250 on the phone as the final price. And i'm sure we can get this for much lower than price he quoted (Bargaining will :p). So this is to know that how many people would be interested in getting the phone if the price is good, say 16,500?? or even lower than that. Say about 10 people interested and price would definitely go down or around 16500.

To get that 'great' price, why do not we have a GO over this one and get this beast for the least we could. More would be quantity,better would be the price. So please show you interest, if you are planning to buy a phone, why not get this one. Samsung has been known for its quality.

This IC would be till mindnight. i.e 12:00AM.

Shipping (from Delhi) would be taken care later and would be at actuals.

For Discussions: http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/samsung-wave-s8500-india-release-168692.html

Interested Members:
1. Soumalidon
2. mutant
3. sgx100
4. Ankur
5. Santhosh86
6. Spectre x 2

Dude where did you enquire the price...Which Shop in Nehru Place
Im from delhi and also interested if I get a fair deal...Though I dont need I would need a Shipping ;)

Hi Automata,

Just try to hold ur purchase from some days as we are looking at a Group Order
I just got a price of 17000 from Kamala Nagar

Anybody staying in Kamala Nagar or closeby...may plz respond

automata said:
Do you know where in laxmi nagar as i am looking to purchase it today.

prasanth11 said:
anyone here personally has or used this phone ? hows the phone then?
Hi prasanth11,

Nope dude but you can go through a good review here

Also go through a review done by MobileBurn below

Samsung S8500 Wave review - part 1 of 2

Samsung S8500 Wave review - part 2 of 2

Also a sample HD Video

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The latest GO price is 16600 for 4 handsets.

The same may be brought down to even 16000 or less if more people are interested.

Time to gets the numbers rocking

The GO would be finalized very soon....So hurry up ppl

Is this GO still open?
When will be the approximate expected shipping date?
Will make my decision based on answer to the above (if thats alright).

I am interested if its 16000 or lower. It for a friend of mine :)
Please quote shipping charges as well, to chennai

EDIT: I might even take 2 phones if the pricing is great :)

Two of my friends want this phone, as they couldnt get Spica

@ Santhosh86, and @Spectre
me and Rohit (aka sgx100) will be going before Saturday after to make final negottiations with the dealer, and we know, that the price would definitely go under Rs.16000 if we have 7-8 or more interested people, and i'm sure that we both will surely get a much better price than that.
But for the final negotitations, we need money in hand, so you have to deposit approx 17000 in either Rohit's or Mine account so that we can go with it. If the price would be good and around or below Rs.16000 we'll go ahead with the deal on the spot and will refund your balance amount (after shipping charges) to you, and if it the deal isnt made out, complete amount will be refunded.
Shipping would be around 250-300 i beleive, if you have anything else in mind, then please speak out. We'll ship as you'll say.

Let Rohit to comment in here. He might have something great and better than the above said. Till now take it as what i said.

Ankur said:
@ Santhosh86, and @Spectre

me and Rohit (aka sgx100) will be going before Saturday after to make final negottiations with the dealer, and we know, that the price would definitely go under Rs.16000 if we have 7-8 or more interested people, and i'm sure that we both will surely get a much better price than that.

But for the final negotitations, we need money in hand, so you have to deposit approx 17000 in either Rohit's or Mine account so that we can go with it. If the price would be good and around or below Rs.16000 we'll go ahead with the deal on the spot and will refund your balance amount (after shipping charges) to you, and if it the deal isnt made out, complete amount will be refunded.

Shipping would be around 250-300 i beleive, if you have anything else in mind, then please speak out. We'll ship as you'll say.

Let Rohit to comment in here. He might have something great and better than the above said. Till now take it as what i said.

Though i am not part of this GO, i would really suggest you work the shipping part before you commit to anyone. Most couriers wont accept phones, and those who do will charge a bomb. Another part to consider is the transit insurance, which costs around 2-3% of the value of the product, which would be a sensible thing to go for since even the most reliable couriers have had incidents, especially with Phones. You can talk with TNT, BlueDart and DTDC in advance and work out a deal with them if you haven't already. I am saying this because i had conducted a GO for the Nokia 5800 in the past, and shipping became a major hindrance later on. I doubt any reliable courier will ship a phone for just 300 bucks.

Just my 2c.

Best of luck with the GO.

Phoenix is correct.
I guess Ankur will bounce back with some interesting price and shipping updates.

I checked Bluedart's Site and can tell that shipping wud come to arnd 500 (Delhi - Chennai) ie excluding insurance.

Let Ankur circle back to this ...

Went on a long tour today lol. :p

1. Samsung Galaxy is now available for Rs. 27000 in Delhi at retail stores and for Rs. 28400 at Samsung stores.
2. Samsung Wave is available for Rs. 17200 on an average with the reatil stores and Rs. 18200 at Samsung stores.
3. The least we could get is around Rs. 15800 if we buy more than 6-7 phones.
4. Shipping can be a big drawback for outstation customers. The cheapest i could get was Rs.150 with Blazeflash. But they deliver late and chances of getting the package lost are mixed. DTDC will charge Rs.280 for shipping to metros and Rs.210 to other cities. Bluedart will charge Rs. 450 (insurance extra). TNT was not sure, they said they'll tell the estimate when they'll see the package. Pafex said they;ll charge around Rs.200, but m not sure of their service and if they're reliable or not.

Soumalidon aka Arvind has already bought the phone so he is out of the list now. I'm too thinking of getting Wave after a month or so. Tight on budget.
We are sure to get good prices but shipping will kill the deal for outstation members. And also i'm relatively new here. It hasnt been so long for me here , so not everybody would like to deposit a huge sum of 17k to me. Trust factor is there. And also it is right.
So, what to do next depends on your decision. I've done a part of my job.

Pafex is part of Fedex India IIRC.
Also, BD charges 250 for shipping phones. I have used it twice. Insurance is not included in this and you need to declare a value of less than 5k to get this rate

hey hi ankur i also want to buy this phone n i live near laxmi nagar metro station...
but i ll buy after 30th june..
on which shop u getting that price... 15800/-..?

Back