Sansa Clip 2GB or Zen Video 4GB??? Please suggest

Hi guys,

I know they are in different leagues all together. Sansa Clip has got everything. The compact dimensions, equalizer and above all a good battery life of around 15 hrs. But lacks badly at one part. It doesnt support folders. :S Even my prehistoric Zen stone without screen used to do that. Call me lazy but i prefer my music arranged in folders. Playlists are just not my way.

The Sansa Clip will cost 2k shipped via ebay while zen video will be 3.4K shipped via KMD (in case he still has pieces left with him). I want something which I can throw around and Sansa clip fits the bill perfectly apart from the folder thingy (Wakeup Sandisk guys).

So please suggest what should i do.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
MHI

PS: I searched around but havent been able to come reach an official page where I can get info if the newer firmwares support folders. In case anyone is able to find. Please post here.:hap2:

they are 2 very different players. Zen offers much more than Sansa, but I have seen people swearing by Sansa's Sound quality. If you go for the Zen you will get a beautiful display you can watch movies on.

What earphones do you plan to use?

I have already got sennheiser CXL 400 from the GO.... via KMD.

And I have used zen stone before so folders browsing is something I am kind of hooked onto :p

I would recommend u a Creative Zen Video for its amazing display.I do own one and i am in total love with this player for the kind of features it has.

Thanks for the inputs folks.

Frankly i dont prefer a puny 2.5 inch screen for watching movies and song videos is not something i watch too often. I keep my music organized in folders and this is what the Sansa lacks badly. Somewhere on the internet people suggested me to create playlists with each folder :S . Sounds weird but i think worth a try. 15 Hours of playback is good enough for me.

What other options can you suggest.

PS: I dont like ipods and the current zen stone plus is errrrrr FAT

just one hour left for the coupons

Should i or shouldn't i???

any resolution to the folder browsing issue in the clip. i sort of inclined towards it

get all tracks into a mediamonkey library. You can open all tracks from one folder, change the album name to folder name. That's it. Now browse albums section as if they were folders :) No idea what to do for the folders at second level :p

^^^ thanks and i also found this

And my paisapay transaction got instantly approved this time. Is it normal cause whenever i order it take atleast some time to get processed

Got my Sansa Clip 2 GB black today. Currently on charging. Will charge completely once and run a few complete charge - discharge cycles. Will post a review on the same. Just need to learn playlist management now. or wait till Sandisk release an update including folders functionality :)

Thanks everyone for your help. The player is as small as i wanted it to be and the blue light ring around the navi wheel is coooollll

if u r on to expanding memory, creative zen is poor. sansa clip is very good but no folder/file browsing. sansa fuze bigger than clip but colour screen(not good for video though) has very good sound quality(sme chip as clip). it has got file/folder browsing as of new firmware is highly recommended(also expandable mem integrated to main menu).

the new Fuze firmware got Folder browsing.usually the clip gets the same features in the next update...u cud wait and see...

thanks for the headsup. Looking forward to see that feature in the update. Btw I amazed at what all this little thingy packages in such a small frame. thumbs up to sandisk for creating such an awesome device. and yeah i have found a nifty software from another forum which allows u to create playlists from your music folders in a click. finding it to be as useful as folders.

Cheers

Back