Laptops Santa Rosa in India by Dell

rachit

Recruit
Check out the new Inspiron series of Dell with Intel Santa Rosa platform, Blu-Ray disc option (not a typo mate), integrated 2MP cam, EIGHT colors.

The page also has no mention of the earlier 640m or 6400 or 9400 series. I hope they are not being pulled out.

What should I do? Wait till 9th July when they start shipping or go ahead with the 6400 I was about to order in a few hours?? :S

640m/6400 are still available and at slightly lower prices than the new range

wait till 9th..

Dell should have nice prices on the 6400 if they haven't cleared out the stock by then...

if not, you can pick up the Sanata Rosa lappies at almost the same price you would pay for a 6400 now

Also check the M1330....

1420,1520 are all here.. :)
a 1520 with 8600m GT and c2d t7100 1.8Ghz,1G RAM
it comes to 58k w/o tax,thats a awesome deal atm..

I recently checked out a toshiba laptop with santa rosa (didnt get the model name) Had the usual 1gb ram, 120gb hdd, etc. The dealer quoted 64k

wait till august . Thats the start of the DELL Quarter . You will have better options or new plans ... prolly cheaper after new intel pricing kicks in ..

SharekhaN said:
wait till august . Thats the start of the DELL Quarter . You will have better options or new plans ... prolly cheaper after new intel pricing kicks in ..

So, will the price cuts (if any) be valid for India or all over the world?

The price cuts affects Dell as a company situated in the US . they dont do India dell and US Dell . Intel will give them stuff at discounted rates , more so coming offcial price cuts . FYI , none of the laptops that you order , are shipped from india . They are shipped from Malaysia for whole of the Asia Pacific region .

SharekhaN said:

Which Intel price cut are u talking about ??

The only price cut i know as of now is the one in the 3rd quarter for Santa rosa chips which would mean at least Oct for prices to settle in..

Anyhow, price cuts would always be there, even next year for that matter.. All boils down to when u need the lappie so to get it then..

So anyone got review on the laptop yet? Laptops with alpine white option will not start to ship until July 25th :( Other laptops will ship from the 6th July though. One gripe in India is that the models that ship here will not have the draft WiFi 802.11n standard. They will only have 802.11g. The 802.11n almost doubles the transfer rate, compared to the 802.11g, to 100Mbps. Wonder what the reason is?

Raghu.

Raghunandan said:
So anyone got review on the laptop yet? Laptops with alpine white option will not start to ship until July 25th :( Other laptops will ship from the 6th July though. One gripe in India is that the models that ship here will not have the draft WiFi 802.11n standard. They will only have 802.11g. The 802.11n almost doubles the transfer rate, compared to the 802.11g, to 100Mbps. Wonder what the reason is?

Raghu.

Hmm, is that a big deal?

Practically speaking, by the time we have the 802.11n as a standard to use, the laptop would be ready to be scrapped! :p

Raghu, it would be pointless paying a premium for the draft n card at this point of time

The wireless card is user-replaceable

Once the final n cards are out, you can always pick up a mini-PCI replacement card

If your friend also has a laptop with the 802.11n standard then you could make good use of the extra speed. And there are quite a few routers too supporting it. But that wasnt the point anyway. I was just wondering why they are bothering with changing such a minor detail and that too specifically for India. All the other markets get the faster network card.

Raghu.

Hey, guys... any idea about discount coupons for india, i.e, do they even exist or the space for the coupon code is just a hoax ?

Also, when is the best time to go for the 1520... right now, the config i want costs 64.6k excluding taxes....

Back