Sanyo Eneloop Rechargable 4 x AA & 2 x AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that mediaHome will not be selling fake stuff, but I got conned when I bought some AA eneloops in chennai last week for Rs 150 a pair. They turned out to be NICD batteries and look exactly the originals, only the import sticker at the back was missing. Just not holding good charge.

Guys. Have you cared to see when was the last time mediahome responded in this or any other thread?

for those who want a similar battery u can go for the sony deep cycle batteries,make sure u buy them in sony world,since their are lots of fakes.

adder said:
for those who want a similar battery u can go for the sony deep cycle batteries,make sure u buy them in sony world,since their are lots of fakes.
How is their charge retention and how much do they cost?

adder said:

It is actually Sony "Cycle Energy" battery which uses the same Eneloop technology. They are equally good. I am using 4 nos of both.

Emil said:
How is their charge retention and how much do they cost?

well i use both versions of sony cycle energy battery ,the cheaper cycle energy version are of higher capacity,i use them for digital cameras due to more shots/charge.
but the Blue cycle energy batteries(the same as Eneloop) hold charge much longer good for flashlights,tv remotes etc where the devices consume less current/or for devices that u use only few times like flashlights.

the normal version also can store current well over a year.but according to specs the Blue cycle version stores current even longer at 85% even after a year.they also have higher charge discharge cycles to a company claimed 1000 times.the normal version is around 600 times.
Rechargeable Batteries : Battery : Sony India

adder said:
well i use both versions of sony cycle energy battery ,the cheaper cycle energy version are of higher capacity,i use them for digital cameras due to more shots/charge.
but the Blue cycle energy batteries(the same as Eneloop) hold charge much longer good for flashlights,tv remotes etc where the devices consume less current/or for devices that u use only few times like flashlights.

the normal version also can store current well over a year.but according to specs the Blue cycle version stores current even longer at 85% even after a year.they also have higher charge discharge cycles to a company claimed 1000 times.the normal version is around 600 times.
Rechargeable Batteries : Battery : Sony India

But I don't see two different versions of Cycle Energy in the link provided. There are Cycle Energy and normal NiMh. Anyway this is the Cycle Energy I use.
View attachment 7998

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 169
janitha said:
But I don't see two different versions of Cycle Energy in the link provided. There are Cycle Energy and normal NiMh. Anyway this is the Cycle Energy I use.

trust me i have both and they both have cycle energy printed on them.even in the link u can spot the cycle energy,click on the product,u will get a enlarged image where u can clearly see "cycle energy".

u are using the sony "BLUE cycle energy"

adder said:
trust me i have both and they both have cycle energy printed on them.even in the link u can spot the cycle energy,click on the product,u will get a enlarged image where u can clearly see "cycle energy".

u are using the sony "BLUE cycle energy"

There are indeed spurious Sony Cycle Energy ones rated 3000 mah like the ones below. (sold @ Rs.200/- for 4 nos, blister packed just like the original)
View attachment 7999

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 147
janitha said:
There are indeed spurious Sony Cycle Energy ones rated 3000 mah like the ones below. (sold @ Rs.200/- for 4 nos, blister packed just like the original)
View attachment 7999

well those are fakes,is that picture of ur batteries.original sony normal cycle energy peaks out at 2700mah and the bluce cycle at 2100mah for AA sized ones unless u buy them in sonyworld chances of fake are quite high.

adder said:
well those are fakes,is that picture of ur batteries.original sony normal cycle energy peaks out at 2700mah and the bluce cycle at 2100mah for AA sized ones unless u buy them in sonyworld chances of fake are quite high.

AFAIK, the AA size Sony blue cycle energy is 2000 mah and the 2700 mah ones are non cycle energy. Googling too shows like that. BTW, the fake ones I bought just out of curiosity to test them.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back