Sap

Avtar

Adept
Just wondering, what you guys think of the software firm SAP and if you'd consider working for them.

They have this thing for trainees in which they offer an MS Degree in Software Engineering from BITS Pilani, sponsored by them, automatic admissions, classes on the weekends and stuff like that.

So what do you guys think about it? Good idea, good opportunity?

SAP India is sure one of the decent firms to work for. The kind of biz SAP is doing even these days is sure promising.

I'd recommend if you've got an offer in hand, grab it.

There would be a binding contract for 4 years I think

WIPRO also has a similar programme called WASE. Trainees are paid 7,000 for 1 or 2 years and a small raise after 2nd year. Untill they complete their MS they have to be with the org.

I don't think its such a good idea, if they are asking you to stay with them for a long period.

My friends took the WASE and having a tough time there. Wipro also has the offer for MS from BITS pillani.

SAP is the World biggest ERP and business software company

Working in sap technology is a great career path...take the offer with your eyes closed

But its a completely different stream...If you are passionate about C, Java, .NET etc...you will not use those anymore if u become SAP consultant...so its your choice

How can you implement without development??:lol:

SAP India is one of the best firms out there.

Their flexible attitude (atleast in terms of the attire) rox and they have the best chix around (After HSBC @_@). I *might* get lucky in some time as theres a recruitment freeze in SAP now :(.

Yeah, I do have an offer in hand right now. They do have a Development part, they've got programmers working in Java at the moment.

There's also a Web Application development sector I heard some place, and the SAP website has a PHP development forum and stuff as well, so I'm thinking there could be opportunities on that front too.

Avtar said:
Yeah, I do have an offer in hand right now. They do have a Development part, they've got programmers working in Java at the moment.

There's also a Web Application development sector I heard some place, and the SAP website has a PHP development forum and stuff as well, so I'm thinking there could be opportunities on that front too.

Do you have a contract/bond to sign or something like that?

contract or no contract....do not leave the opportunity...such opportunities dont come often...once u get into it the opportunities are widely open for you....SAP has huge service list spanning from consultation to hosting to app management to development to process management ....don't miss this offer of a gr8 exposure.

Darthcoder said:
How can you implement without development??:lol:
SAP India is one of the best firms out there.
Their flexible attitude (atleast in terms of the attire) rox and they have the best chix around (After HSBC @_@). I *might* get lucky in some time as theres a recruitment freeze in SAP now :(.

Where I work, implementing means customizing a product according to customer needs. It involves writing certain Java/PL SQL Callouts and methods as well as making some GUI changes to the product.

Development means development of the core product. That is not usually done by freashers and requires an extensive knowledge of the product.

hammerhead said:
Where I work, implementing means customizing a product according to customer needs. It involves writing certain Java/PL SQL Callouts and methods as well as making some GUI changes to the product.

Development means development of the core product. That is not usually done by freashers and requires an extensive knowledge of the product.
@hammer: you hit the nail. Most of the SAP work carried out is customization. However theres a catch in the SAP wold. The customizations are done by third parties like Accenture, IBM or whatever solution vendor the customer decides to go with.

at SAP AG the work done is actually deeloping their products and maintainance and support work which is no lesser task in any which way.

Back