Graphic Cards Sapphire has 4GB OC 5970

Anubis

Skilled
Cebit 2010: Claims its the fastest on the world

We all know that the crown for the fastest graphics card currently belongs to AMD's HD 5970, but AMD needs something better to pit against Nvidia's upcoming Fermi-based graphics cards. Today our eyes were blessed with new Sapphire HD 5970 card equipped with 4GB of memory, special cooling solution and some higher clock speeds.
sapphirehd58904gbfronts.jpg

The card has three silent fans and big heatsink which makes card three slots high.
sapphirehd58904gbpoloze.jpg

Only a couple of AMD partners might introduce HD 5970 4GB card, but as far as we know Sapphire is the only one to provide this card with 2x8-pin power connectors, and not with 2x8-pin plus one 6-pin connector.
sapphirehd58904gbstruja.jpg

The GPU runs at 850MHz, while the memory is clocked at 1200MHz (effective 4800MHz). This is enough for 22K in Vantage Performance. The I\O panel features two dual-link DVIs plus one mini DisplayPort output.
sapphirehd58904gbizlazi.jpg

Fudzilla - Sapphire has 4GB OC 5970

Man! ATI has completely raped nVidia this time.The 295 ass looks dam ugly before it.

And Sapphire has made it more better.I wonder what will happen if this 4 GB beast is crossfired.

with the custom cooler on top of it looks like gas stove lol just kidding

but beast of a card, why wasnt soo much of moolah when we still dont have games which can make best use of these, Dx11 2gb seems more than sufficient, i feel even a normal 5970 is a overkill for upcoming titles

I think ATi are anxious about Fermi specs. A little uneasy to be more precise. This card is proof of this fact. Or is it just me? o_O"

This card is not for budget-conscious/mid-end segment users anyway. A segment that ATi/AMD command best. Going by this logic, I think it's a POS.

Making a card like this was expected from ASUS but Sapphire too now?

XFX Preps Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition 4GB Eyefinity6 Graphics Accelerator
It looks like Sapphire and ASUS will not be the only AMD board partners out with a custom design Radeon HD 5970 graphics accelerator that has higher clock speeds and twice the amount of memory. XFX seems just about ready with what it calls the XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition 4GB. This limited edition graphics card borrows heavily from AMD's reference design, but adds some changes:

* The leaf-blower is centrally located, with a GPU system on its either sides.
* GPUs use higher clock speeds of 850 MHz (core), 1200 MHz (memory).
* Twice the amount of memory, 2 GB per GPU, 4 GB total.
* ATI Eyefinity6 display output configuration: 6 mini-DisplayPort connectors to support six physical displays (dongles may be included for DVI users).
* Power is drawn from two 8-pin PCI-E power connectors.

XFX may manufacture upto 1500 pieces in all, and could price each piece around US $1000, with sales starting later this month.
31a.jpg

Unless people suddenly get rich enough to own 30" LCD monitors or more, unless they start using multiple monitors with eyefinity, I really don't see the point in making such 5970s.

Kira said:
Unless people suddenly get rich enough to own 30" LCD monitors or more, unless they start using multiple monitors with eyefinity, I really don't see the point in making such 5970s.

if u gp b dat logic, then there's no point in making Ferrari's and Carrera gt's, dude, these are premium cards and company don't look forward to see HIGH SELL figures immidiately as they launch it, hell even after a year you may not see these premium cards selling as hot cakes, but, people who can buy it...will buy it :cool2:

heck, why go to cars, tell me how many Indians own a monitor dat has 2600.*1600 res. monitors? maybe not even handful, does that mean DELL (or any other company) should not make these monitors? :bleh:

Back