Graphic Cards Sapphire has 4GB OC 5970

@comp@ddict:

Thanks for sharing this. What a weapon I must say. Though wondering, that accelerator will pump out a ton of heat. Would that one fan in there be enough...! It would be interesting to see the PCB, without the cooler on that thing.

pushy said:
heck, why go to cars, tell me how many Indians own a monitor dat has 2600.*1600 res. monitors? maybe not even handful, does that mean DELL (or any other company) should not make these monitors? :bleh:
The point wasn't to say ATi shouldn't make cards as they see fit, but rather to say that this was a bad move.
It's a bad move because ATi doesn't have anything more to offer after 5970 & with the rumors going on about GTX 480 being better than 5870 & having being similarly priced, ATi is only getting restless & vary of competition before it even comes to them. Result is what you see - tweaking 5970 further to increase it's potential to be on the safe side till they figure out something more better than 5970 just in case Nvidia actually does come out as a threat to their new-gen cards.

BTW, every company, does look at their sales before & after planning for a product. ATi is no different. Saying they don't care whether this tweaked 5970 does good business or not even 1yr down the line is...well, not very wise.
But then again, I hope you don't get so defensive for this beast because this is a forum. I had an opinion, I expressed it. And forgive me for not liking your unnecessary emotes. ;)

XFX as usual comes up another with hideous design aka electric stoves:rofl:

its sure to run 20c higher than asus or sapphire, as the reference design isnt even enuf to cool an HD 5870 properly. The Vapor-X is 20~25c cooler for the same.

sure thing Kira...

as of now the normal 5970 costs a bomb here in India, i just dunno what would this one cost...a nuke?

btw, if the rumors of nVidia cards are true, then we can expect a price drop on these high ends cards...WIN for us...

asingh said:
@comp@ddict:
Thanks for sharing this. What a weapon I must say. Though wondering, that accelerator will pump out a ton of heat. Would that one fan in there be enough...! It would be interesting to see the PCB, without the cooler on that thing.

There is ONE MORE thing I would like to share:-

Gigabyte’s HD5870 Super Overclock
gigabyte5870so_499a.jpg

The card runs at 950MHz for the GPU and 1200MHz for the memory, which promises some serious gaming fun. Furthermore, Gigabyte equipped the card with plenty of features that should cater to the most extreme of the extreme, such as handpicked top components, Prodilizer capacitors that should help the card hit high clocks with ease, Ultra Durable VGA design, voltage read points, etc.

i dont think if the vram os going to creatge that much of a difference.....
something liek a new chip or architecture is wat ati needs.....especially after fermi

running GTA4 on 2560 X1600m might make use of 3/4 of the memory. There are still no games which can make use of 4gb vram @ HD resolution. 2gb+ Vram is for workstations.

Still tht 5970l looks mean and very very long.

rajan1311 said:
Guys, these resolutions you talk about are too low, 5760x1200 (using eyefinity) would get a nice boost with 4GB memory.

+1
2GB would be bottleneck at those resolutions. And with such cards, gamers can have more GPU with their limited number of PCIE slots, and goin for regular CF.

GIGABYTE SUPER OVERCLOCK HD5870
Core - 1000MHz
Memory - 5200MHz

imageview.php

Here we see the upcoming high-end R587SO. GV-R587SO-1GD running apparently at 1000/5200 MHz. Thus, this is second after MSI series Radeon HD 5870, which promises to work at the core frequency 1 GHz. This video card will appear late March. The PCB uses Gigabyte's Ultra Durable VGA construction which makes use of a PCB with 2 oz copper layer, ferrite core chokes, low RDS (on) MOSFETs, and Japanese solid-state capacitors. The VGA cooler consists of a GPU base from which four copper heat pipes convey heat to aluminum fin blocks cooled by two 90 mm fans.
CeBIT 2010 tradeshow coverage

REASON for 2nd POST - In previous post, it read 950MHz core and 4800MHz memory only.

yeah, FERMI will crush ATI, but what's the use??? Only a handful of people will be able to shell out 600$ for the GTX480. And the HD5970 will be, at 649$, a much faster option than GTX480, and look out, the expected TDP of GTX480 is 300W< while HD5970 sits at 294W....:D

draglord said:
but in my opinion.....its another useless attempt to compete fermi

fermi will crush ATI....for othe time being at least

LOL dude

AFAIK, no real benchmarks are even out for the Fermi. You just say that cos your a fanboi.

Back