Graphic Cards Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 512 MB PCIe Card displaying as Unknown PCI Device

daumaster

Disciple
Replaced my failing Zotac 9600 GT 512 MB PCIe card with a new Sapphire Radeon 5670 512 MB PCIe Card on 09/10/2010 bought from Lynx.
Mobo is ABIT IP35-E with Intel Core2 Duo E7200, 2X1 GB DDR2, Win XP SP2.

Removed the nVidia drivers through Control Panel>Add & Remove Programs. Rebooted, used Driver Cleaner Pro to clean out any traces of old driver & loaded the ATI Catalyst 10.7 driver, which came with the Card.

After installation & reboot, Device Manger shows 'Display adapter' as ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series.

However, under 'Other Devices', there is a yellow '?' mark against 'PCI device'.

Used program 'Unknown Device Identifier' by Zhangduo to identify the unknown PCI device. The device chip is from ATI Technologies, with PnpID - VEN_1002&DEV_AA60&SUBSYS_AA60174B&REV_00.

Card is running okay, but the 'Found new device' message pops up at at every reboot.

Could anyone help me get rid of the yellow '?' in Device Manager ? Is this a 'mobo bios too old' problem for this new card ?

Have tried ATI Catalyst 10.5 & 10.8 with no success so far.

It's the audio device on the card for HDMI audio functionality. Catalyst drivers do not have the files for this device. You have to reinstall the UAA bus driver from Microsoft, not a very easy process.

Just disable the device and be done with it unless you need it. In which case, try the update process from the M$ website, it should be able to auto-update the driver.

Failing which, uninstall your audio driver completely and install it once again from the motherboard CD (important, as this is probably the only place where you have hdaudiobus.sys easily available). In XP, you will need to manually delete this file by going into safe mode and opening up the \drivers directory, and then running the installation. After this process is over, run the update from M$ and then from the audio chipset provider to get back to the version you had.

I forgot to mention I am not using my onboard sound.

Instead, I am using a Creative Soundblaster Audigy2 Soundcard with my mobo.

Following your lead [It's the audio device on the card for HDMI audio functionality. Catalyst drivers do not have the files for this device], I downloaded the Realtek ATI HDMI Audio Device Driver Version R2.49 from the Realtek website and ran it.

Now, the Device Manager is not showing the yellow '?' sign.

Thanks for your help.

This is why I really love this forum, where people are always helpful with your problems.

Back