Sapphire Radeon X1800XT 512MB Video Card on its way.

Udit

Skilled
Got the news from my aunt in New York City today that my Sapphire Radeon X1800XT 512MB Video Card has been delivered by Newegg and she is getting it with her on 15th June. :D :eek:hyeah: :hap2:

pictures & benchies on 16th June because iam not kaputboy & do not suffer from Vandalosis :rofl:

Just a question: how can I flash my Sapphire Radeon X1800XT to X1800XT PE and is it safe?

there is no X1800XT PE :p There are only 2 versions.... the 256/512MB ones. You are getting the highest end one. The best you can do is to oc it a bit more.....just keep an eye on the temps... that is all :) .

Anyway Congrats!!! Have fun!!! :D

EDIT: Hmmm...... But it is not an official XT PE version. If I were you, I would stay away from that and just oc the X1800XT the best I could.....

No point in taking risks Udit :)

Chaos said:
There is a 700MHz x1800xt bios in the wild. Maybe he is referring to that.

yes iam referring to that and i found it too but is it safe and how to flash it?

vij said:
Lol..STFU and dont tamper with it...:cool2:

i will have a fan blowing air directly on it.

^^He has a point udit. No point overclocking it to 700 Mhz, because in case something happens you are screwed. After all your running at a res of 1280X1024, and stock speeds are more than enough. You can overclock to close to those speeds using CCC anyway(i think upto 690 core and 800 mem) or use other software like ATITool. If you still want to flash, you can use Atiwinflash. You can get these and the bios probably at techPowerUp! - The latest in hardware and gaming

hunt3r said:
^^He has a point udit. No point overclocking it to 700 Mhz, because in case something happens you are screwed. After all your running at a res of 1280X1024, and stock speeds are more than enough. You can overclock to close to those speeds using CCC anyway(i think upto 690 core and 800 mem) or use other software like ATITool. If you still want to flash, you can use Atiwinflash. You can get these and the bios probably at techPowerUp! - The latest in hardware and gaming

thanks for the advice vij, techboy & hunt3r i wont OC or Flash.

nah dont directly jump to 700Mhz.

Go step by stem keeping eye on the temp.

Also i just saw your profile m8, i would siggest having someone near you to pull the plug on the system and if x1k series freeze while overclocking you need to manually reset the system many times.

Just try in small increments and after burning in the card for few days. Dont stress it straight away. I know this mind sound stupid but seen brand new product poofing when stressed right away.

good buy. how much did it cost?

also there is no use to oc it right now cause it will play anything u throw at it at 1280 x 1024 res with highest details. i think thats the max res for ur monitor right?

stormblast said:
good buy. how much did it cost?

also there is no use to oc it right now cause it will play anything u throw at it at 1280 x 1024 res with highest details. i think thats the max res for ur monitor right?

it costed me $307 all inclusive.

yes 1280x1024 is the max res for my monitor.

Back